M5H6 INTERNATIONAL

All other trucks not mentioned above.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

M5H6 INTERNATIONAL

Post by RANGER »

A rare bred today, and parts are just as scarce.
These were not as numerous and were only a Department of the Navy responsibility. Surplus sales were normaly limited to US Navyand Marine Corps Bases. The Dealers who bought the bulk of the surplus were for the most part geographically located in coastal locations, that is where the Navy is, and for the most part long retired or long out ouf business. The spares released thru DRMO were but a trickle in the 60s, and there is no "one stop shopping", anywhere.
most of the drive line parts were sought after by the manufacturers of crane carriers, Bantam based a lot of their crane carrier chassis on th the powertrain of the IH 6X6.
The large dealers who stocked up on M5H6 parts were dealers such as Dixie Truck, Zeligsons, Firestone Motors, Willenskys (I miss ya Mitch), Downtown Truck (I miss ya Bob),
Houston Truck and Equipment (I miss ya Tracy), Rex Tex (I miss ya, Mr. Levy), Supreme Surplus ( I miss ya, Seymore), the list go on but they ain't there anymore.
Parts are spotty, at best now.

I have a stack of NOS Parts Manuals for the M5H-6, and a few odds an ends from the good old days.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Fleetmaster
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: 1940 Dodge VC-3
1940 Dodge VF404
1941 Dodge WD-21 Panel Medical Services
1941 Autocar U5044T
1941 Chevrolet Pickup 4x2 US Navy Recruitment Services
1942 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Staff Car
1943 MB

Re: M5H6 INTERNATIONAL

Post by Fleetmaster »

Hi Ranger,

I happen to have a M-5H-6 in reasonable shape but it sports a GMC bed.
Still looking around for the long wheelbase bed. Or the drawings of it so I can reproduce the bed.

Thanks,

Bart
gyknot
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: '41 dodge wc-1
'45 IHC m5h6

Re: M5H6 INTERNATIONAL

Post by gyknot »

I believe most of us with these trucks are in the same spot. The beds are almost impossible to locate today. Most folks dont know the difference between the anthony/budd beds but we who know the trucks can tell a mile away.
I've been told of one in Idaho a few hundred miles away, but havent gotten good directions to go try and find it.
George