Gas guzzlers

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Phil2

Gas guzzlers

Post by Phil2 »

If I hadn't heard it on the BBC News and seen it on the internet I would have thought it was a joke. Large 4x4 vehicles and other so called gas guzzling vehicles are to incurr high parking fees when parked outside the owners house! What brain dead individual came up with that one. An ant with terminal flatulance kicks out more immissions than a parked vehicle. Obviousley to make a suggestion like that in a committee and not be laughed at or quietely taking away by softly spoken men in white coats means that the others sitting there must also be thinking in similar ways. How do they get their jobs on megabucks salaries and can I have a job. I can be as daft as the next if that is what it takes. How do they get to work. What means of transport do they have?
Apparentley a trial sheme is to be set up in the UK to investigate the effects. The motor industry in the UK is less than a shadow of it's former self. Land Rover and Jaguar are struggling for survival and are up for sale by Ford. Both of these manufacturers build vehicles that were singled out as the ones this report was aimed at. I know this site is not the one to air this on but I wanted share this none joke with the World. Welcome to the UK, the lunatics have taken over the asylum!
Mark GB
Corporal
Corporal

Guzzlers

Post by Mark GB »

Phil, the lunatics have escaped the asylum and are running the country - won't say where they are running it but must be getting sub terra now!

Dig up your front garden and park your 4x4 on it - they will only charge you if its parked on a public road - so drive on the verge..............

Best not say any more
Last edited by Mark GB on Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drove it, used it, broke it, fixed it, sold it - looking for another
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

The trouble is most of these people have never heard the golden rule! 4 wheels drives you into twice as much trouble as two wheels. also does this include 4 wheel drive estate cars or saloons, or Fiats little Panda? As usual go hysterical, don't let thought get in the way of a good Sun headline. :evil:
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Guys:

I hate to burst your bubble, but it's not just a UK issue. It's seems those crazy folk of yours have relatives all over the world, and we tend to call them our leaders. It seems the less common sense ya have these days, the further you'll go.

Now I DO see a need to make more efficent, enviormentally friendly vehicles, you don't go about and attack the poor little piss ant that owns a so called GAS GUZZLER. Hell, he's usually having a hard enough time keeping it going. If there were other options, he'd take em.

Personally, I need a truck, not a car for everyday life. I wish I didn't need to pay as much for fuel as I do (and how you guys outside the US do it is beyond me). As for our MV's, they'll suffer too. Our leaders seem to want to turn us all into nice little worker bee's, and do everything for the hive and the queen bee. I better stop before I get to political. :oops:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"