scanned pics wartime

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.

scanned pics wartime

Post by Guest »

I promised that I would start adding pictures from my grandfather’s days in the Philippians as an engineer. Here are all the vehicle pictures from album one of seven. I will post more when I get the rest of the albums to school and have time
http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/o ... type=local
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

This is what it was all about, and a perfect reminder that there was more to WWII than the ETO.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it

Post by Guest »

one question i do have is what type of vechile is that in image 10
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

It is a 6 Ton 6X6. They are used for towing heavy loads and have a winch mounted behind the cab. Corbett and White manufactured them. They have an 855cu in Hercules HXD engine. Neat truck in its time. These were reasonable to bring back up thru the 80s. Supreme Surplus sold their last one to Frank Buck in 1985. I helped load it. It was clean and complete with Tarp.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945

Post by Guest »

i updated it so now there is 71 pictures
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Those pictures tell a proud story, and reveal the broadvariety of Engineers equipment used. Note the oversize 750X16 Tires on the Jeep in photo 26. Wonder if those Japanese planes still exist. Note the difference of the later pictures over the earlier, in the fresh clothing and happy faces of the troops when they are shipping out.

Post by Guest »

i took out the pictures of betty grable
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

:shock: Why'd ya do that? She belongs with them pic's. Seriously, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Enigma
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Enigma »

Great photo's thanks for sharing!
Does your granddad still live?

Post by Guest »

he died 19 years ago. i was one when he died so i didn't hear any stories about the pacific