try my photobucket account on the first post they are there

Post by Guest »

can you list the manuals you have. all i can find for manuals are
wc 1/2 Ton
TM 10-1123 - Operator & Maintenance, 194 pages
TM 10-1442 - Early Parts Listings, 199 pages
TM 10-1123 - Maintenance Data
TM 10-1442 - Parts Listing
i have the operators manual already and it doesn't have any great pics to it of the ambulence. i think i will pick up the rest of these now. this list came from mid west mil

Post by Guest »

early 1/2 ton ambulances had straight back areas.

after feild use, it was discoved they hung up and got damaged, hence the change in later models to slanted corners behind the rear wheel.
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

If you're interested in Ambulances, you should contact the MVPA to see if you can get back-issues of numbers 81, 82 & 83 of their magazine "Army Motors" which contain a detailed three-part series of articles on ambulances. Issue 81 in particular covers the early 1/2-ton models. If no longer available, the MVPA office should be able to supply photocopies of the relevant articles.

It seems from this article, that the WC-9 was produced in three production runs on two contracts. The first contract covered run 1 of 895 & run 2 of 275 vehicles. They all had the flat rear quarter panels and the tailights in filler panels between the bumperettes and the side panel. The first run also had the louvres and drain holes in the rear roof over the back doors. The second contract of WC-9's produced the third run of 1116 vehicles and these and subsequent 1/2-ton models had the sloping rear quarter panels to provide a better departure angle on rough ground.

The photographs used in the manuals are a bit misleading as some of the pics from the late T215 manuals still show the rear roof louvres. Also on further study, the first four pictures mentioned above show I believe a T214 3/4-ton ambulance. I have found another illustration of an early WC-9 which may be of interest:

http://users.beagle.com.au/mtrpool/MISC/T207_0.jpg

For list of manuals:

http://users.beagle.com.au/mtrpool/manuals.html

Portayal Press, Vintage Power Wagons and Mid West Military all do various repro manuals - probably best to ask whether the manual has good illustrations of what you want before buying - also check how good the copying process is.

Good luck with your project - the half-ton ambulances are relatively rare and worth preserving.
Bert
General
General
My garage: 1943 Dodge WC-51 "old bets"
1945 Dodge WC-62

Post by Bert »

Then this must be a late wc-9?

http://ww2dodge.com/wiki/Image:WC-9.jpg
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Post by Guest »

it is in the last run so yes late wc9