wc9

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.

wc9

Post by Guest »

Here is pictures of my wc9. This one was used in a few movies and they modified the top as you can see. I removed the roof you see now and it is back to the original roof. There is a few things that look different on my 9 then others. The behind the back fender there is no angle on the body but a straight line. Has anyone else seen 1/2 tons with that? On ebay now, there is one also the second one I have seen. Someone wrote the seller saying it is a wc 27 but mine is defiantly a 9 because the dash plate says it is and the plate is original to the ambulance
http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/obball123/wc9/
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Your Ambulance is interesting. In 1948 the Israeli Government sent agents over to the US to purchase equipment for its new Army. Some visited a surplus dealer in the Northeast and a few WC Ambulances were quietly purchased. Data plates may have been altered.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Bert
General
General
My garage: 1943 Dodge WC-51 "old bets"
1945 Dodge WC-62

Post by Bert »

If you have a serial number, located on the drivers side frame member, you can easly find out what model is is or was.
http://ww2dodge.com/wiki/Model_Indentif ... tion_Chart

If you sare the number with us i can add it to the list.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Post by Guest »

the isreali star is part its history as a movie prop. it is a sticker that i removed after taking the pictures. also the cross underneath is also a decal. when i am back home i will try and find the frame number. i saw it on there. my 12 i will add also

Post by Guest »

8681033 is my 12 8-29-41
8663027 is my 9 3-12-41
Bert
General
General
My garage: 1943 Dodge WC-51 "old bets"
1945 Dodge WC-62

Post by Bert »

Thanks for the numbers,

As you can see in the Model Indentification and Specification Chart there are two batches of WC-9's produced, maybe that explains the differences?
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Post by Guest »

maybe. i know that the extra amount is original due to no weld marks and the frame number on both of my vechiles match the dash plates
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

The flat area behind the rear wheels is illustrated in some of my early Dodge manuals eg., in TM10-1199 Master Parts List, the listing for the T207 Ambulance rear side panels says to furnish the model number off the Wayne Works tag on the inside above the windshield to order this part.

This suggests that some T207 ambulances had different side panels - I assume the flat ones are early and the angled ones are an improvement to increase clearance on rough ground.

Post by Guest »

that helps quite a bit. i still need photos of ambulences to help with my restoration. as you can see from the pics it needs alot of work
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

What areas do you need pics of - I may be able to help with some.

Post by Guest »

i am good on the dash forward but how the seats look because i have a feeling mine aren't original and how the rear compartment looks. the back doors, the roof because i need to replace it and actually need close ups and measurements on the curve of the roof where it meets the sides. the back step i need measurements from so i can reproduce one for the ambulence. also the rear where the bumpettes are. also the pare tire carrier without the tire. as you can see i need quite abit.

Post by Guest »

where did you get those. those are exactly what i was looking for. thanks

Post by Guest »

i am going to put them on my photobucket so there is another source when you take it down
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Glad to help - looks like a fairly big project. I notice now that the first image is actually of a T215 series since it has the military intruments. The images are from various manuals - it's well worth spending the money on the proper manuals especially a Master Parts List.