Petlas 9X16 tires for WC-51?

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
old57XLA
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: WC 56 42 WLA 57XLA

Post by old57XLA »

"Politically correct" was a term coined by Chairman Mao. If you were not "PC" there, you became dead. Makes me sick to see everybody trying to be "politically correct" today, like good little communist party members.........without even realizing the implications. We should be citizens rather than party members, or subjects. I thought sheep just went baah baah! Now they go "no-no, you can't do that, it's not politically correct"! Oh well, just try to get the people you meet to open their eyes and think and act for themselves....without scaring them or alerting the authorities :-)
I wish I had more time, more space, and more money!
pHIL 2

Post by pHIL 2 »

In the UK not only do you have to be PC but you also have this bunch of kill joys called the Health and Safety Executive. This bunch tell you what you must not do but offer absolutley NO advice or help on what you can do. They say they do give advice but trust me it aint worth spit. I have to do a Risk Assesment before carrying out any work on a site. A Certificate of Competance is required for site engineers. All this costs money and we get undercut by companies outside the UK because they don't have to. Best way to put a smile on folks faces and give 'em something to get out of bed for...... issue everybody with a Dodge and make owning a WW2 jeep a capital offence with public floggings and hangings for offenders. Wow I'm grinning already. I'll just do a risk assesment to see if that is ok.
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

Hey Phil, I knew an electrician who could make changing a light bulb last 4 hours. The joy of the Dodge in the UK is you can by pass some of the more stupid regulations. The trouble is like the Firearms most H&S are "Guidelines" ie not law we can't make you do it but we will make your life a misery if you don't.
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Hi Phil:

I don't know which dept does that in the US (there's probably 50 or so), but I just recently discovered how far they've gone. I had an old Kenwood amp/reciever in my garage. I bought it used over 20 years ago (tube type). It started acting up and it seemed to have lost a channel, so I went to replace it. Sounds simple don't it?

Now I DO like my Rock 'N Roll loud. :twisted: I also have these outdoor speakers that look like rocks. I figured 100 watts per channel would be good as what I had was only 45. I go thru all the hasel of rewiring the outdoor speakers, hook up the new unit and..... I could barely hear it. When I cranked it up a few notches, it quit, as in shut off. :? I hadn't even cranked 1/2 way. :?

I thought there was something wrong with the unit and got still another (different brand even). Same damn thing! :? In researching my problem, I discovered the government, in an effort to protect us from ourselves, implemented a new way of figuring wattage. :shock: They also made the manufactorers install something that would shut off the system if you got to 50% power output. :evil:

So now, in order to = what my old Kenwood put out, I need to get 500 watts per channel OR, convert a car stereo, which still uses the old way of figuring wattage. :shock: :? :evil: Will this nonsense ever end? :thumbdown: :x

Uh Oh, it looks like we got a little off topic. :oops:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

:?: :?: :?: :P :thumbdown: :thumbup: :arrow: :?: :!: The answer is simple DON'T eat anything, DON'T
drink anything, and above all DON'T breathe the air :shock:
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

S. O. L

Post by Ray Edsall »

It seem,s that we here in Australia are not the only ones inflicted with a bunch of Beuracratic SHIT HEADS hell bent on making all our lives misserable ,There dosn,t seem any way out because the opposition party down here in Victoria is a bunch of bone heads also .O well Keep on DODGING and being politically incorrect .Ray
Greg Alexander
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by Greg Alexander »

Ugg wrote:Hi Phil:
Now I DO like my Rock 'N Roll loud. In researching my problem, I discovered the government, in an effort to protect us from ourselves, implemented a new way of figuring wattage. :shock: They also made the manufactorers install something that would shut off the system if you got to 50% power output. :evil:

So now, in order to = what my old Kenwood put out, I need to get 500 watts per channel OR, convert a car stereo, which still uses the old way of figuring wattage. :shock: :? :evil: Will this nonsense ever end? :thumbdown: :x
What's that? Huh? Can you repeat that?

I grew up with a Kenwood 5150 system with Sansui speakers. My buddy brought it back from Nam. Now I can't hear crap... but man did we have a ball.

Greg <<< Victim of too many WHO concerts :shock:
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Greg Alexander wrote:
Ugg wrote:Hi Phil:
Now I DO like my Rock 'N Roll loud. In researching my problem, I discovered the government, in an effort to protect us from ourselves, implemented a new way of figuring wattage. :shock: They also made the manufactorers install something that would shut off the system if you got to 50% power output. :evil:

What's that? Huh? Can you repeat that?

I grew up with a Kenwood 5150 system with Sansui speakers. My buddy brought it back from Nam. Now I can't hear crap... but man did we have a ball.

Greg <<< Victim of too many WHO concerts :shock:
Hi Greg:

I was at the last US concert of the Who with the original band. I rarely went to concerts unless I got paid to go, then, I'd always be up close & personal with the sound system, so I could relate. :lol: None of my gear (PX purchases) ever made it home. It seems my so-called friend that was supposed to ship it, sent it to his home, not mine. :evil:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Minnhawk
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

I can beat that.....

Post by Minnhawk »

Ugg: I have the distinction of going to one of the first Who concerts in the U.S. back in 1967 AT MY HIGHSCHOOL. It seems our high school student council had more money than brains and signed on a national mega-band called the "The Buckinghams" (Kind of a Drag, et. al) The warm up band was an unknown called the Who. Well, "I can see for Miles" came out in October, and the next thing we know, good ol' Shawnee Mission South High School was headlining the Who with the Buckinghams as a warmup(!) just before Thanksgiving. To add uniqueness to the whole affair, it was a DANCE concert w/o seating in the fieldhouse/gymnasium. Townsend trashed the stage with the finale "My Generation" and destroyed the guitar speakers, tossed amps on the stage floor, and finally broke his guitar and tossed it out into the crowd. (a student rebuilt it in woodshop -- I wonder how much that is worth now!) Needless to say, our WWII Veteran High School Principal (Navy Ace, with Navy Cross) had a meltdown, but we sure had a blast during the concert. To my knowledge, only one other high school had a concert like it -- somewhere up in Michigan in December of '67. I've been a Who fan ever since then.
Former DUKW Owner
WC-56 Dodge Owner
GPW Jan43
GPW Nov44
MVPA Member
MVT Member
Red Bull Member
AHMTA Member
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Minnhawk:

:oops: I guess I'm a prime example of what happens when ya had TO MUCH FUN in the late 60's, early 70's. It was Zead Lepplin, not the Who. :oops: I did see them (The Who) at a local club, where many musicians came to jam. The place had 2 different names in it's exsistance, The Electric Theater, and The Kinetic Playground. It was only supposed to hold about 150 people, but was always jammed pack. :shock:

I remember the Buckinghams well. They did a lot of local HS Sock Hops. Remember those? :lol: Boy, are the cobwebs stirring now. :lol:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
pHIL2

H&S

Post by pHIL2 »

If you take any notice of health and safety reg 's in the UK none of us in my age group (60 +) should not have survived past 40 because when we were born we slept in cots painted with high lead content paint, rode in cars without seat belts or airbags, rode bicycles without a helmet, thumbed a lift and got picked up by a stranger, went on playground swings stood on concrete, drank out of the same lemonade bottle as your mates, had injections off the school nurse using the same needle, eaten food that contained more sugar and fat in one meal than Macdonalds use in a year and on and on. Now I live in a world that is being destroyed by fanatics and do gooders. Oh for those long hot summers listening to the Beach Boys and reading Hot Rod magazine with the Smokey Yunick tune up tips.
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Hi Phil:

It's the same in the US. Ya forgot to mention all the above ground nuke tests. :lol:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Bert
General
General
My garage: 1943 Dodge WC-51 "old bets"
1945 Dodge WC-62

Post by Bert »

Please keep it a little bit on topic (wich was about tyres and tires).

Of cource there is space for this kind of discussions in a new topic.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Hi Bert:

I did mention that before. That's the problem when dealin with us old farts, our brains tend to wander. :lol:

BACK ON TOPIC

Has anybody else used the Alliance brand tires? The 9:00X16 NDT's are a 10 ply tire with the NATO cut on them. To me, they handle better on wet roads than the standard NDT's, but we can't get new one's here in the US. :evil:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"