Disc brakes for your WC?

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.

Disc brakes for your WC?

Post by Guest »

Hey guy's
New to this forum and have a question that I need answered.
Has anyone put dics brakes on there WC and if so what did you use.
I have them on my Power Wagon and really like them but seeing that the WC"s are only 1/2 tons do you really need them?
Thanks
Terry
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Terry:

Only some of the WC's are 1/2 ton. Some are 3/4 and some are 1.5 ton'ers. :) Mine is a 3/4 ton'er, and I also have a Hydrovac power assit. I must say it stops pretty damn good too, but not as well as disk's would. :(

Later
Ugg
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
rgus
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: 1942 CCKW 129,XXX
1943 WC-54 81635383
1943 GPW 146954
1945 WC52 818682 "MO"
1943 WC63 82009972 "BIG MO"
1944 CHECKER 1 TON TRAILER

Post by rgus »

Ray at Helitool made up disk brake conversions for the M series trucks. But there is enough difference between the M and the WC series that the kits won't fit. It is a shame. Oh well if your brakes are rebuild and adjusted correctly they will stop fine. Just have to allow yourself a little more room.
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Disc Brakes

Post by Ray Edsall »

Terry .Go to carryall Question /info post of a couple of weeks ago ,then scroll down to page 2 ,Ugg,s reply /Mopar norms wesite .On it you will see Paul mirops wc53 with disc brakes and also David B,s Wc53 with disc,s Also check out schematics and drawing,s as ther is pic,s of disc brakes .So in answer to your original question ,Yes some wc,shave disc,s Ray
Terry in Bozrah
Private

Post by Terry in Bozrah »

Thanks guy's
I've tried Ray's and he has the back dics brakes but due to the small amount of poeple asking for his brakes system he has discontinued(sp) the fronts :?
Again thanks for all your help and should have all the WC's home by the weekend to check to see just what we have. One is a parts truck, one in kit form and the third is just a cab and bed with other parts for the other two projects. Can't wait :D
Also if we're in need of parts who should we call?
Thanks
Terry
46 WDX "MOM" (Mean Old Man)
48 WDX (Whitty)
41 WC "BOB" (Bucket Of Bolts)
Kurt Hirte

Post by Kurt Hirte »

Terry,you must have been really bad or Linda must have been really nice to end up w/ 3 1/2 tons :lol: Any chance that you have any extra rear fenders in the mix that you are looking to sell? Thanks Kurt in SoCal
Terry in Bozrah
Private

Kurt
LinK bought them for herself.
I'll let you know after I put the two together? We need to sort things out first. The fenders that I looked at may need alot of work but we will see.
It may take a couple of years to put them together, I'm still with just haft a wing but getting better. :lol:
I like these little funny faces :wink:
Terry
48 WDX (Whitty)

Disc Brakes and stuff....

Post by Guest »

Will this link be of any help? http://www.uglytruckling.com./WC%20Truc ... 20kits.htm

Regards
Roy From Norway
Terry in Bozrah
Private

Roy
Those are the larger 3/4 ton axles for the Power Wagon's, Ray is make one last run of those hubs and I think that will be it?
But thanks
Terry
48 WDX (Whitty)
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Terry:

No, that's just it for a while, until he sets up shop in Thailand.

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"