Adjust windshield????

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Jim M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Adjust windshield????

Post by Jim M »

Is the proper method of adjusting the windshield to loosen the four screws/nuts and move shield to proper height?
The reason for this question is that I have noticed that my right side is about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch higher than the left. So I need to adjust it.
Also, is there an easy method of putting the hood back on? I have found that the front and back retainers will be a real bitch to take off to allow an easy installation.
Any words of advice other than let someone else do it 8)

Thanks!

Jim M
proud owner of a 1942 WC 51 and now a 1942 WC 56!
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

Roll up the sides of the hood and keep it on :P I got really nasty sunburn driving mine open once for two hours in Normandy, hurt for days.
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Jim:

I'm confused. :? Are you sayin that your windshield assembly (glass & frame for glass) is cockeyed? Set assembly in place, align, either tape in place or have someone hold on outside, go inside and mount hardware.

As for the hood, I haven't gotten that far yet, but it doesn't look to difficult. On the center of cowl and radiator shell are plates with 2 bolts each that the hood slips into (both sides). At least that's what the Beast has. Is there something else I should be prepared for? :shock:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Jim M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

WC windshield

Post by Jim M »

The windshield sits/rides high on the one side. Looking straight on, it appears that the passenger side sits high. Frame/glass is all straight, but the assembly sits higher thenon the driver side
I need to lower it and thus the question on how to do it.

As to the hood, the nuts for the screws are in a very difficult position. Afraid to loosen too much for fear that the nuts will drop down out of reach to retreive--hood shroud/firewall.

Jim M
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

Pity we don't speack the same language :lol: By "Hood" I thought you meant the canvas, not the "Bonnet". :? I have seen pins with split pins used to replace nuts, works quite well.
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Tony:

:lol: Wasn't it Chruchill that said 2 great nations seperated by a common language. :wink:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Jim M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Windshield adjustment

Post by Jim M »

That quote has crossed my mind many times lately :lol:
Churchhill was a man to be listened to for his many words of wisdom such as this!

Great minds do think alike :shock:

Jim M
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

yes, but we are the great minds that would prefer to drive 60+ year old vehilces :roll: However Churchill was half Yank on his mother's side. But then the Royal family is basically German and Greek, Windsor became the name during WW1. Off to Ieper on the 12th for a day, all round the Salient as recce for the events next year. So anyone any info on the WW1 Dodges?