Floor boards wc51

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
MartyLee

Floor boards wc51

Post by MartyLee »

Hi!

I'm wondering if the floorboards in the cargo area in the wc51 always were painted green, or if they were used unpainted?
What is correct to use?

Marty, Norway
GTBGUY
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by GTBGUY »

All of the originals I have seen were painted. The last step at the factory was an overall OD paint job.
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

floor boards

Post by Ray Edsall »

G,Day Marty . Nice natural polished wooden floors look good also ,What ever takes your fancy ,It,s your truck .I have done the floor in my wc53 with a clear coat of varnish ,it looks ok with the metal runner,s painted OD {Beauty is in the eye of the beholder }Check out some of the other dodge restoration pages to get an idea of what other restorers have done . Regards Ray
martylee

floorboards - answers

Post by martylee »

thank you ray and gtbguy!
Both of you gave me good answers. Ray gave me the historical correct and gtbguy gave me the guts to keep it my way! It look's like on this forum there's room for both opinions, and that's very good. Can't say the same about other forums I usually visit.

Again, thanks to the both of you!

Marty
martylee

dodge restoration pages

Post by martylee »

Hi again!

Does anyone have links for the earlier mentioned dodge restoration pages

Marty
rgus
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: 1942 CCKW 129,XXX
1943 WC-54 81635383
1943 GPW 146954
1945 WC52 818682 "MO"
1943 WC63 82009972 "BIG MO"
1944 CHECKER 1 TON TRAILER

Post by rgus »

Marty;
Here is a website I can heartily recommend. There is more info here that I have found in any other spot on the bed. Al is a great guy and the data he provides is accurate as can be. I just finished the bed on a late ( 1945) WC-52 using his info and it worked great. Keeping in mind that these trucks have been through a lot and everyting isn't as straight and square as it was coming off the assembly line;
http://www.wc-52.com/

Here is a small gallery of pictures of my 52 I think there is one or two pictures of the finished bed;

http://wc52.mypicgallery.com/
martylee

Post by martylee »

thanks, a really nice amd without doubt helpful webpage. Your wc52 is also looking very good! Hopefully we'll get to see a photo of it when it's finished!?

Marty
Jim M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Floor boards WC

Post by Jim M »

If I remember correctly, this WC 52 was voted "Best" 3/4 ton vehicle at the latest MVPA Convention.
So you know that this is an right on WC! Gives us all something to shoot for when we work on ours.

Jim M
proud owner of a 1942 WC 51 and now a 1942 WC 56!