Engine Rebuild

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Mark GB
Corporal
Corporal

Engine Rebuild

Post by Mark GB »

I'm starting the rebuild on my T207 next week - should get the block back from the machine shop (cylinder liner fitted and glaze busted the others, crank checked and polished, head checked for straightness) tomorrow and collect the remaining parcel from the post office. Anyone got any tips before I start next weekend. Three day holiday in England next weekend, so I'm hoping to get most of it done. Got new Pistons, rings, big end and mains bearings, oil pump, valve springs and gasket set.
Drove it, used it, broke it, fixed it, sold it - looking for another
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

Good luck! If it 's the usual Bank holiday weather hope you have a good garage. I'm going to be playing at Military Oddity Detling, second highest point in Kent, so should be above the drought level. :twisted:
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Mark GB
Corporal
Corporal

Thanks

Post by Mark GB »

Went to Detling last year, geat do, enjoy.

Might get to meet one day, as we're both in GB.
Drove it, used it, broke it, fixed it, sold it - looking for another
Kaegi

rebuild

Post by Kaegi »

did you get new wrist pin bushings as well? 217s and 230s are hard on wrist pin bushings due to being offset from centerline of the rod bearings. since you are fitting new pistons anyway mine as well do wrist pins & bushings too. Steve