Headliner Source/Seat Material

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
beavtm
Private

Headliner Source/Seat Material

Post by beavtm »

I have completed the chassis of my WC12 including engine rebuild and drive train. Now for the fun (or not so fun) stuff. I need a complete headliner for my 1941 WC12 and could use some cab restoration pointers (I understand the headliner should be black?). I've got some of the old headliner but it's pretty sad given the number of coats of paint on it. I also wonder what seat material I should use (civilian vs military canvas). Right now it's just springs.

Also, I'm looking for a place that can rebuild the facia of my speedometer.

This restoration project has kicked my ass. Certainly a more expensive endevor than I thought. Like a buddy says, "Better no car than mopar." I think I'm begining to convert. But the prime contractor on our museums M4A1 was Chrysler so I'm surrounded. Oh and I drive a chrysler too, go figure.
brianq

wc12 headliner

Post by brianq »

The headliner should be green. Available from the usual sources, VPW, Midwest Military and Roberts. I have been trying to get a good scan of the color to post, but it always shows too dark. Weebee Webbing has the leatherette seatcover in OD, Beachwood has the canvas. Don't know about Newlife Resources, never been able to get contact info on them.Look under the retaining trim for the headliner, it may still be the original color. Don't forget to put in the firewall pad first too. Speedo can be exchanged with a rebuilt usually at VPW. $$$$$$$$$$$$
ClosedCab
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Post by ClosedCab »

Is there a replacement firewall pad available for the 1/2 ton closed Cab?
Ken

I got one....

Post by Ken »

But I haven't checked the fit. The vendor was Roberts Motor Parts; 17 Prospect Street, West Newbury, MA 01985, USA (978)363-5407

The item was $85 USD + $15 ship & handle.

Post by Guest »

But what Material was the actual seat cover made of? :?

later
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

That last question was from me. Uh oh, I hope this computer ain't gettin ready to crash again. :evil:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
rgus
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: 1942 CCKW 129,XXX
1943 WC-54 81635383
1943 GPW 146954
1945 WC52 818682 "MO"
1943 WC63 82009972 "BIG MO"
1944 CHECKER 1 TON TRAILER

Post by rgus »

I have seen some reported to be origional, that were leather. Now I would go with the fax leather. You really can tell the difference until you go to pay for it.