Importance of TM'S

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Jack O'Bannion, 100 Vilinova, Waxahachie, TX 75165. jkeob@sbcglobal.net

Jack has the only AUTHENTIC copy of an original available, he has been selling these in Supply Line for nearly 15 years, and an article on the history of the Waterproofing Notice was writthe in the MVPA publication "Army Motors #67 back in 1996.

A close relative of his was a D-Day Veteran and involved in preparing equipment for D-Day. He kept an original as a souvenier and Jack has had precise copies, that are consecutively numbered, professionally reproduced. They are printed on both sides, the reverse having the before and after instructions.

Times change and so do prices, $5.00 + postage is not too much to pay for a copy of genuine Americana. I have bought approximately 20 of these over the years to use on my restored CCKWs and to send as gifts to fellow collectors.

It is my opinion that for one to use anything less than one of Jack's pedigree Waterproofing Notices will distract from a quality restoration. The cheap copies are very noticeable to MV experts.

His Waterproofing Notice is currently advertised on P.33 of the July 2006 Supply Line.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Jim M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Waterproofing marks

Post by Jim M »

Interesting point on the Waterproofing notices. Mine, when I print them up, always seem to be "light" in their color. Am going to go to the local small business store and have them print one for me. Hope is that the color will be brighter than what I have been getting.
Keeping fingers crossed :wink:

Jim M
proud owner of a 1942 WC 51 and now a 1942 WC 56!
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

RANGER:

CHEAP COPY???? :lol: Have ya been to a printer lately? Personally, I'd prefer the # space blank so I could enter my own #. I HAVE tried to make a copy off a copy machine and am not satisfied with the look. Where my wife works, they have very fancy copy machines, but if that doesn't work, it's off to the printer. The cost is $100.00 for 50 (the smallest batch they'll do) double sided prints on card stock. BTW, off my printer, it's an exact dupe, but I have trouble lining up the back with the front.

Later
Ugg
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

The originals were not card stock, and were cemented to the windshield. Jacks' are perfect copies from the original. At $5.00 per copy plus postage they are delivered to your doorstep. One can't drive to the printers much cheaper than that.

Jack is a trusting soul and sometimes will mail them before you pay. Actually, I removed mine as they obstruct vision and I would not want to run over someone at a parade.
Jack also has reproduced WWII blank Trip tickets or Drivers Licenses, I am not sure if he still offers them.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

RANGER:

Okay, if not card stock what? Cardboard? Paper? I'm not trying to steal Jack's thunder. PM me.

TIA
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Jim M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Manuals/Waterproofing

Post by Jim M »

Just an update to the group: had a copy made at the local office supply store and the colors were much better than I was getting off my printer.
Just an FYI for the group on this item.

Jim M
proud owner of a 1942 WC 51 and now a 1942 WC 56!
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Jim:

I had just the opposite luck. The guy at Office Deot became obsessed tryin to get it right. Made almost 100 copies before he gave up. :lol:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Are you convinced that driving to the corner office supply is cheaper than just sending Jack O'Bannion 5 bucks for an authentic professional reprint of his original? Think of all the gasoline you will save by having USPS deliver it to your doorstep for the cost of a stamp. :roll: Jacks' were done by a printing press, and not a photo copier.
DodgeWC52
Private

Blueprints of Doge WC's

Post by DodgeWC52 »

Can some tell me how I can upload blue prints??
I have them for wc57, wc63, wc55, wc52 and wc53

They are all for free

Gr,
Marcel from the Netherlands

Post by Guest »

Marcel:

Contact Bert and maybe he'll get em in the Wiki site.

RANGER:

Me and the USPS don't see eye to eye. Our local hub has been rated as the WORST in the US for the last 7 years running. We got a Certified Letter that took over 2 years to get here. Then there's the stuff that don't make it, like bills, which is a whole bunch of fun. :evil: That reminds me, there's a package I was supposed to get a couple of weeks ago and still don't have. I better check up on it. :shock:

Later
Bert
General
General
My garage: 1943 Dodge WC-51 "old bets"
1945 Dodge WC-62

Re: Blueprints of Doge WC's

Post by Bert »

DodgeWC52 wrote:Can some tell me how I can upload blue prints??

They are all for free

Gr,
Please mail them to Image. I'll put them in the wiki and put a link here.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Re: Blueprints of Doge WC's

Post by Guest »

Bert wrote:
DodgeWC52 wrote:Can some tell me how I can upload blue prints??

They are all for free

Gr,
Please mail them to Image. I'll put them in the wiki and put a link here.
Bert I will send them

Gr,
Owner of a Dodge WC52 1942
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

RANGER:

While at the Volo show this last weekend, I met a guy that had just purchased his Jeep in France and brought it to the show. On the windshield was the Fording Flag. He said it came with the Jeep, so it too was from France, and may have been an original. It was much larger than I thought, and I am now glad I didn't have them printed up. :o

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Yes, the originals are large, and obstruct vision, that is why I removed mine last spring, as I did not want to run over a child at a parade.
I will have one for you soon.
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

RANGER:

If the kid is runnin around to where it could get run over during a parade, maybe it should, kull the herd so to speak.... just joking. :lol: Seriously though, some parents shouldn't be, if they let their kids run amuck like that (I know kids do crazy, unexpected things). It always amazes me, supposedly intelligent people, walking blindly right in front of a vehicle, expecting it to stop on a dime just because they're in a cross walk. Something about mass in motion... :shock:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"