Importance of TM'S

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Airborne Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant

Importance of TM'S

Post by Airborne Bob »

I'am going to put my two cents, if you own any WC thenthese are a must to keep it up and running right. TM-9-808, TM-9-1808A, TM-9-1808B,TM-10-1530 and ORD9 SNL G-502. These may cost a lot, but in the long run they will more than pay for themselfs. I spent 4 years in ordance and when we got a vehiclke to work on they gave us the TM for it, they explain in detail how to repair.
I have taken my TM-10-1530 to the NAPA store and they have crossed referenced these numbers and found their numbers on a lot of parts I have needed.
Looking through TM-9-1808 A on page 6 and 7 there is a list of
U.S.A. Registration Numbers for all models of WC's
I have a WC-52, 1943 and I stripped every bolt and nut off and with the help with the TM's have it back on the road and running like a new truck.
Like I said this is my 2 cents for what it is worth Bob
John in Washington State

Post by John in Washington State »

Right On! The TM's were written to make it easy to maintain our vehicles.
Jim M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Importance of TM'S

Post by Jim M »

Even before I got my WC, I had gone out on the web and gotten copies of these most valuable documents! Coming from a mil background , I knew just how valuable these would be when the time came and give me an idea as to how difficult manitance would be for the WC.
I was lucky and got all on one cd for a very resonible price. Have made several copies and passed on to other WC owners who did not. Since that time, I have built quite a libraury of other needed or precieved valuable to my the WC project.
Can not go wrong in getting these and using them as the needs comes around!
Have even gotten copies of the Jeep manuals for those who are not as enlighten as we are :wink: Never hurts to build good will another our MV brothers.

Jim M
proud owner of a 1942 WC 51 and now a 1942 WC 56!
Lang
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lang »

Good on you, Jim for passing on copies of manuals to other collectors. I sent a rare copy of my Dodge Model and Serial Number Guide to a member of this forum who said he could copy it for those interested. Turns out he is a dealer who sells stuff on ebay including copies of my manual at $25 (about a dollar a page). Can't win em all so we should still try to help out fellow collectors.

Lang
Jim M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

TMs

Post by Jim M »

There is always someone who will ruin it for the others. People like that need to be taken out back and shoot :twisted:
Have not been burned yet, so I am still full of the warmth of human kindness 8)
(Tougue in cheek)

Jim M
Tom @ Snake River
Corporal
Corporal

Using a TM

Post by Tom @ Snake River »

I put my weasel togeather from a heap of parts to a completed machine without a TM. I guess that I just enjoy the challenge. However I did ask several questions on the weasel forum along the way. Tom
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

the crazy thing is,, i got stumped on something,, and broke out the manual,,, only wish i could read,,, but it worked!!, i will say , i was amazed,, how well they DO work!! now if i could only figure out why, i'm not getting spark, from the distributor,, to the plugs,,,, back to the books... jc
Looking for a donor M38 w/ good motor, Scoutcars and Halftracks, VC's, VF401-406
Bert
General
General
My garage: 1943 Dodge WC-51 "old bets"
1945 Dodge WC-62

Post by Bert »

Lang wrote:Good on you, Jim for passing on copies of manuals to other collectors. I sent a rare copy of my Dodge Model and Serial Number Guide to a member of this forum who said he could copy it for those interested. Turns out he is a dealer who sells stuff on ebay including copies of my manual at $25 (about a dollar a page). Can't win em all so we should still try to help out fellow collectors.

Lang
If you want to share this kind of information why not use the wiki? http://ww2dodge.com/wiki/Main_Page
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Hey Bert:

I went over to that Wiki site, figuring on adding that schematic of the WC 53, but can't figure out how. :oops: Any pointers oh great guru?

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"

Post by Guest »

Bert,

A good idea to build the wiki up. It is starting to get some interesting things on it (the vapour lock article is mine).

Lang
Bert
General
General
1945 Dodge WC-62

Post by Bert »

To all, feel free to add and edit.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Bert
General
General
1945 Dodge WC-62

Post by Bert »

Ugg wrote:Hey Bert:

I went over to that Wiki site, figuring on adding that schematic of the WC 53, but can't figure out how. :oops: Any pointers oh great guru?

Later
http://ww2dodge.com/wiki/Image:WC-53_Schematic.jpg

After registering you can upload files to the wiki, enjoy!

P.S. and the bonus:
http://ww2dodge.com/wiki/Image:WC-63_schematic.jpg
and thnaks to Ugg;
http://ww2dodge.com/wiki/Image:WC-53_early.jpg
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Bert:

Thanks. I thought I already did register, but then couldn't figure out how to upload. :oops:

Jim M:

Hope this doesn't burn ya up to much. Ya know that Fording Flag ya sent me, well someone got a copy from the same source you did (and me too before I lost it) and is now selling copies for $5.00 a pop + shipping. He's even advertising in the MVPA mag. The original guy sellin em was for $4.00 a pop & included shipping. :evil:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Jim M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Manuals

Post by Jim M »

That gentleman had his many years ago and in fact, I got two from him. They are nice, but you cannot beat FREE :wink:
He has had his for a number of years now and every so often he will post an ad in the MVPA pub for them. Have talked with him several times and he is quite a gentlenman!
There is a guy in England selling his for 5 pounds each, which is $10 US :shock: Not as good as the other, but when it is a dry hole, what can you say??

Jim M
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Jim:

That's good to know. I have seen his ad in other places too. I had gotten my original copy off the web, but after the computer crash (where I lost EVERYTHING off the hard drive), I could no longer find the site. :( Thanks again for the copy. Speaking of copy, I had printed it out and taken it in to one of those copy places to try and make a copy (so I could have the front and back line up better), and the colors wouldn't match. :cry: I'm gonna try to make a copy at the wife's work, but if that doesn't work, I'll have to hit a printer.

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"