WC in movies

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Jim M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

WC in movies

Post by Jim M »

I think his name was "Brickley". And it was he who have the affair with the nurse not John Wayne :wink: And I think that he married her.
But it makes for good movies.

Jim M
proud owner of a 1942 WC 51 and now a 1942 WC 56!
GTBGUY
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by GTBGUY »

Bulkley was the name
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

In one black and white film "Rommel" the entire Africa Corp were travelling in WC63s. Mind you the germans did use a lot of captured kit and most Panzers were built by Skoda,
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Phil P

E Boats

Post by Phil P »

I am fairly sure that one of the E boats that took part in that fateful attack during training off Slapton Sands is being restored in the UK though I seem to remember reading that it's history was not known when it was aquired, neither was the fact that it was an E boat as it had been converted into a cabin cruiser. Perhaps somebody may know more? Hardly a Dodge subject but it does prove we aren't totally sad old gits! Or does it?

Having a rest for a night off the Dodge after being 'branded' on the exhaust!
Enigma
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: E Boats

Post by Enigma »

Phil P wrote:I am fairly sure that one of the E boats that took part in that fateful attack during training off Slapton Sands is being restored in the UK though I seem to remember reading that it's history was not known when it was aquired, neither was the fact that it was an E boat as it had been converted into a cabin cruiser. Perhaps somebody may know more? Hardly a Dodge subject but it does prove we aren't totally sad old gits! Or does it?

Having a rest for a night off the Dodge after being 'branded' on the exhaust!
Very interesting.
Have you got a link?
doc-coffin

Re: WC in moview

Post by doc-coffin »

Don in Portland wrote:In the beginning of "The Desert Fox", Rommel rides off in what looks like a Dodge 1/2 ton command car.
Yes, it was in fact a 1/2 ton Dodge, converted into a likeness of a Medium Personnel Vehicle (Opel). It was sold in the mid '90s by Dale Herbrandsen to a collector after years of storage in a movie cars yard in Los Angeles. Dale aquired it from the Nephew of the original business owner along with several Halftracks, a DAF 6x6 a 1 ton IHC (M2-4) some M-211s, m-35s, and a dozen or so mixed military and civilian movie vehicles. His business is listed in the Lawndale (Los Angeles County)
phone book if you are interested in purchasing an oddity, or a Firebird perhaps? He may still have some of the items available for collecting.

Mark Coffin
Don in Portland

Post by Don in Portland »

In the 1959 "The Mouse That Roared" the army of Grand Fenwick invade the U.S. and take over a Dodge 1/2 ton for transport. It looks like an abulance that is cut off just back of the cab, then had a bed added with a canvas cover over it. It holds the whole army of 20 archers, plus 1 captured US general and 5 Ney York policeman.
Greg Alexander
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by Greg Alexander »

Don in Portland wrote:In the 1959 "The Mouse That Roared" the army of Grand Fenwick invade the U.S. and take over a Dodge 1/2 ton for transport. It looks like an abulance that is cut off just back of the cab, then had a bed added with a canvas cover over it. It holds the whole army of 20 archers, plus 1 captured US general and 5 Ney York policeman.

Yeah, I just saw that movie last night on TMC... They also used a WWII jeep in the movie. It was interesting that they used WWII vintage military vehicles
while all of the civilian vehicles were from the late 50's.

Greg