NAPA parts numbers

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Steve WC51

NAPA parts numbers

Post by Steve WC51 »

Hi Fellas,
I was wondering if anyone has a cross referance for parts numbers?For example,a Dodge WC51 condenser,what would be NAPA's parts number?In depth and digging deeper,does a cross referance list exsist anywhere for more parts and from other companies?

Yours truly...Steve

:?:

Post by Guest »

if you go to their site you can look up parts by model which yours is 3/4 ton. i did it fior my halfton and found out tthey were a hell of alot more then vintage power wagons
Scott

Post by Scott »

Hi Steve,

You can get the Army Vehicle Parts Guide from portrayal press. It has alot of interchange part numbers for ww2 through M-series vehicles. I use mine alot.

Scott
Chris Davis
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

On Joe's Powerwagon forum...

Post by Chris Davis »

They have a listing of Part Numbers on Joe's Powerwagon forum:
http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/glovebox/vaughn.txt

For example:

Condensers
6 Volts SMP# AL-118X (1941-44) Distributors-IAP, IGS
SMP# AL-106X (1945-56) Distributors-IGC, IA0, IAD, IAY, IGC,
12 Volts SMP# AL-118X (1956-68) or NAPA# AL869 Distributors-IAP, IGS
24 Volts SMP# AL-111X Distributors-IGC-4515A1, IAT, IBR

Great reference maintained by Vaughn Payton.
Chris Davis
'45 WC-51
MVPA# 20000
Centerville, UT
http://www.surplustrucks.com/WC51/WC51Home.htm
Jim M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Parts numbers

Post by Jim M »

Try looking at this site:

http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/glovebox/vaughn.txt

there is a large section gives the cross reference numbers for most of the major part assemblies.
And it is a good reference for how tos :wink:
Hope this helps.

Jim M
proud owner of a 1942 WC 51 and now a 1942 WC 56!

Post by Guest »

Thanks Guys,
Another WC51 owner and I here in Portland(Hi Jack!)were discussing such a referance.I have not posted for awhile and thought some new and exciting ''stuff'' might have popped up.I see it did,I now have a little more to add to my collection of web material.Chris nice new site,I thought of you this June as I drove through Utah.My cat passed also in that month and like your dog she was the WC's best fan,a lot to climb on and good places to curl up for a kip.I miss her too.

What parts place is SMP?

Keep up the good works,the postings were great!

What I'm working on now,replace bad ignition switch.Brakes,darn things went out,need new cylinders(again).Past that everythings great.Body needs a few dents out,and wood replaced,small stuff :)

All the best,Steve
Chris Davis
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Hi Steve,

Post by Chris Davis »

That PIF reference is really handy.

Glad you liked the site. I just added photos from June '06 yesterday, plus one from July showing the truck after her first parade.

We miss Taffy... she was one of a kind. We have found another dog in need of a home though. Morgan is a good and gentle soul, but not quite as bright as Taffy was. She does like to ride in the truck.

Cats grow on you too... we got a kitten for the kids at Christmas and he has become a large and good-natured cat now. He is a bit of a hunter though and likes to bring birds home through the dog door to show off.

I'm not sure what the "SMP" initials stand for, but if you give the entire number to your local Napa store they can probably cross reference it.

I went to a keyed ignition, plus a battery cut off switch tucked away for an extra layer of security... with kids about it's nice to know the battery is off line so they can't accidentally "walk" the truck into the garage door with the starter.

Working brakes are always nice. I had to rebuild my master cylinder and I put new rebuild kits in all the wheel cylinders too, but I didn't have to replace any of the housings themselves. Surprisingly they all cleaned up nicely with some scotch brite on the end of the drill press. (Messy operation though, flings WD40 all over the place.)

Take care and keep us all posted on your progress.
Chris Davis
'45 WC-51
MVPA# 20000
Centerville, UT
http://www.surplustrucks.com/WC51/WC51Home.htm