I need info on dodge engine

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Richard Hanson
Private

I need info on dodge engine

Post by Richard Hanson »

I have a 44 wc-52 with a 251 installed and a spare engine that i hope someone can tell me what it is. the serial number stamped on the left side is 42 337428,i think it's a 230 but it does not have t214 for wc's stamped on it.Iwas told it came out of a carryall,engine is complete and i would like to swap it with the 251 to make the truck more stock.I hope someone can help/thanks Richard
Kaegi

Post by Kaegi »

is it possible that you have a Canadian APT 3/4 ton? Does your truck look modified to accept the 251? A 251 will not just bolt into a WC52. Modifications are required due to the longer block. The Canadian APT came with the longer block i.e. 237 cubic inch same length as 251.
Richard Hanson
Private

info on dodge 230

Post by Richard Hanson »

The truck i think is a US build ,but was modified at some point to install the present engine. the radiator was moved forward about two inch's(radiator support cut and moved) the engine just fit's.there is no other modification's to the front or hood.the front engine support is not there and the front of the engine seem's to rest on a hand made support bolted to the lower radiator support. The engine in the truck serial# is s1170010 and is 2ft 3in long measured from top of head,the spare engine is 2ft 1/2 in long from top of head.The truck frame # is 81618438. hope this help's/Richard