Internal lighting on WC54

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Internal lighting on WC54

Post by Tony B »

Can anybody tell me what the internal lighting in a WC54 should be? there must have been some for the medics to work. I know the modern beasts havea blue light, under red you can't see blood, and can anyone supply wiring diagram for ambulance where diffrent from standard? :?
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Greg Alexander
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by Greg Alexander »

Tony

WC-54 interior lighting consisted of two dome lights. One in the headliner toward the rear of the cab and one toward the rear of the patient compartment. Both lights were controlled by a toggle switch on the left front of the dash board.

These vehicles were designed to transport wounded and were not designed to facilitate medical procedures while in transit. For example if the ambulance were carrying four stretchers of wounded personnel two would be hanging and two would be on the floor. If you have two stretchers on the floor of a WC-54 there is only about 10 inches of space between the stretchers. Not much room for a medic to do anything.

Your best bet for a wiring diagram is to get the TM-9 1808 (?) There are some simple to follow schematics published in the manual. I would scan one for you but I don't have access to a scanner.

I hope this helps

Greg
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

thanks Greg helps a lot. I'll check the manual and see what it says. do you know if the lights were white or coloured?
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Greg Alexander
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by Greg Alexander »

As far as I know, they were clear bulbs and not colored. I have not come across anything that says they used colored bulbs. I do know the lens in the dome lights is clear.

Greg