Which white is right

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Which white is right

Post by 68427vette »

for the stars, number for the stencils,,, jc
Looking for a donor M38 w/ good motor, Scoutcars and Halftracks, VC's, VF401-406
Tom @ Snake River
Corporal
Corporal

Proper paint

Post by Tom @ Snake River »

Rick Larson suggest NAPA flat white which was Martin Sernior. However most NAPA stores have switched to Duplicolor which I have found to be fine. Be carefull to get a full paint job and pull the stencil while tacky. I have now done about 10 vehicles. Tom @ Snake River
Alan Bonny

Stencil Paint

Post by Alan Bonny »

Vette, I've come to use White Primer paint on my stencils and stars for a couple of reasons. It's not brilliant white but a bit on the aged shade of white as I like it that way. It's just as flat. In fact, it doesn't take that much of an application to get the good antique look you might want. I've found the best material to manufacture your stecils out of is simpe white shelf lining material. If you have the capability ou can print your stencil info through a printer or trace your stencils onto it. Cut out the images as you wish with an Xacto type knife. It has a 'light tack' adhesive backing that adheres just fine and can be relocated without much risk. They're a one-time use as the paint will distort its' shape as it peels off. Hope this helps.
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Guys:

A good material to use to make stencils or any other type artwork can be purchased at an art supply shop. It's called "FRISKET PAPER". It can be used many times and is a translucent white so you can trace whatever on to very easy, and is easy to cut (it's like wax paper without the wax). It also has a tacky backing.

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Your friendly Sherwin Williams Store here in the USofA has a quality line of spray cans of primer and off white paint.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Enigma
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Enigma »

I used flat white modelerspaint!!