Gordon - Carryall roof?

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Dave A

Gordon - Carryall roof?

Post by Dave A »

Gordon,
We both replied to a fellow dodge owner who was after the roof trim for his carryall, I think you will find that the trim round the doors is the same on the WC53 as the WC54 and still turns up now and again, I have had both and think the door area is the same, just the angle of the roof changes.
You mentioned the trim along the back of the roof panel? (just in front of the roof light?) I have no trim there, how far does it extend?
It make sense now you say it as the thin metal headlining (and I have seen them made of a board material as well) bows down slightly between the self tappers which hold it onto the roof rail.
I am so happy that after a two year rebuild my carryall is still missing a piece of trim!!!!!!
Cheers
Dave
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Stuff

Post by Gordon_M »

Hello Dave,

well the difference between the pickup cab and the full body on the door-surround trim is that the pickup trim curves right down behind the door, whereas the Carryall and van trim is much straighter - pointing back along the truck more than downwards.

There should be a thin flat strip across the centre of the roof holding the headliner to that angled metal that sticks down, PLUS there should be a full-width strip of the dog-bone cross-section running across the rear of the cab headliner from side to side of the cab. It would be about 5 1/2 foot long if you straightened it out.

Swime to find it though, but just keep looking.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )