Sheet metal vendors

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
WarDog
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: 1941 dodge wc9

Sheet metal vendors

Post by WarDog »

I have been searching the web and have found very little for 39 /47 Dodges. 0 for the early wc trucks to be exact. Or am i missing it. My front clip is perfect. Not so much for the doors and header, windshield frame. My frame and running gears are all good. Engine was redone about 5 yrs ago. Rims are straight tires shot. I have purchased the complete brake system from Midwest military and some other parts from VP. But without the header im kinda at a stand still as mine was full of rat nest and maybe a opossum lol. If anyone can kick me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. Also the MVPA show in Louisville, is it a good source for parts. Ive never been to one and its in my home state. Anyway thanks for any help.
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Re: Sheet metal vendors

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

Sheet metal is hard to find as most of it isn’t reproduced. For a header you have to buy another cab or find someone cutting one out
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kaegi »

these guys have a bunch of stuff for closed cab

https://dcmclassics.com/14-Body-Parts?p=9
WarDog
Corporal
Corporal

Post by WarDog »

They have alot of parts. But no header anyone know of 1 for sale? Mine is completely rusted out. If it just had a hole i would have patched it, but its gone. I got it removed. Pretty simple, just drilled out the welds and of it came.
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

Swapping cab sections from a solid cab is the only way. Drill out all the spot welds on the rain gutters and just section where you have to.

My 1939 TD20 has all the original sheet metal, except for about three square feet at the header / wiper panel where the mice wrecked it. I had to graft 1941 metal on to replace it.

One thing that is worth noting is that sections that have rotted through because of rodent nests need to be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected because of those rodent urine diseases that lurk there. :(

I cleaned my header panel out, vacuumed it, washed it, torched it with a gas torch, and then disinfected it and left it to dry before cutting it out - while wearing a dust mask and solid gloves. :thumbup:
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ray Edsall »

G,Day Gordon. Scared of a little mice are we?. :lol: You should see a mice plague out here . Million,s of the little bastards The cat,s go an strike as there are so many for them to handle . Ray
WarDog
Corporal
Corporal

Post by WarDog »

Invest in a good old fashion black snake. Harmless to people grow huge and love to eat rats!
WarDog
Corporal
Corporal

Post by WarDog »

I found a header a member here has. Plus some other parts as well. I get blown away by some of the quality restoration done by members. When my dad started looking for trucks i was not up to speed. I collect firarms. So ww2 trucks was a far cry from what i knew. I wanted to surprise him. I didnt do to good. Turned out he was looking at something totally different. Wc51/52 or basicly any of the 3/4 tons.But i fell in love with it and now i have it. The Dr thinks it will be a good release for ptsd and help me as a form of pt. So my mission will be fix it as best of my ability. With guidance from you guys i believe i can do it. Thanks for all of your help. I am deeply greatful.