Wc12 windshield gasket

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Gijoew
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Wc12 windshield gasket

Post by Gijoew »

How do you put on the outside, front, window gasket? What’s the trick?
dashtp40
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: WC-3

Re: Wc12 windshield gasket

Post by dashtp40 »

Gi,
This is how I installed the windshield seal on my WC-3. I used dish soap to lubricate the seal, Then centered the seal on the lower frame. I used a wood wedge to push the seal into the frame, working from the center each direction to the lower corners. I used an electric heat gun on the seal at the lower corners to help form it to the corners. Then used the same process for the end frames and the upper frame. At the upper corners I cut the seal leaving enough seal to over lap the side and upper seal. I wasn't able to form the seal around the upper corners. I hope this helps, it takes some time and plenty of soap.
Steve
zepher11
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by zepher11 »

I have completed a couple of open cab windshield gasket installs. A lot different than the closed cab, as I was able to slide most of the open cab gasket into the groove surrounding the frame to hold the gasket.

On the closed cads, it is a project. I used soap and a wooden pop sickle stick and just tucked it in to the holding groove and tucking it in along the way with the wood...sometimes a small screw driver. It's not the easiest process, but can be done.
Zeph

"Why wasn't I born a 4F instead of good looking?" ...(The Story of GI Joe)
zepher11
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by zepher11 »

zepher11 wrote:I have completed a couple of open cab windshield gasket installs. A lot different than the closed cab, as I was able to slide most of the open cab gasket into the groove surrounding the frame to hold the gasket.

On the closed cads, it is a project. I used soap and a wooden pop sickle stick and just tucked it in to the holding groove and tucking it in along the way with the wood...sometimes a small screw driver. It's not the easiest process, but can be done. Don't cut the closed cab gasket to install.
Zeph

"Why wasn't I born a 4F instead of good looking?" ...(The Story of GI Joe)