Build Card Help

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
41powerwagon
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: 1941 WC closed cab

Build Card Help

Post by 41powerwagon »

Got my build card yesterday. Built in Feb of 1941. The body model is 66, express body with longitudinal seats. Anyone have a pic of what this looks like? Hope it's a closed cab with low bed panels. Hope to be at the Woodward Cruise this August, body work almost done.
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Build Card Help

Post by Gordon_M »

Standard hard cab pickup bed with longitudinal seats, hood hops, canvas, front and back canvas curtains.

( The other configuration is open cab, transverse seats, same hoops and canvas - only bed differences are the drillings of the bed sides for the different seat types. 0
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
41powerwagon
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: 1941 WC closed cab

Post by 41powerwagon »

Hard cab means closed cab? What do longitudinal seats look like?
Don
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by Don »

I've got build cards for two half-ton trucks. The cards show another type cab for that model number.

The card for the WC-12 (closed cab with longitudinal seats) shows body model 56. The card for the WC-21 (open cab, transverse seats) shows body model 66. Both of these match up with the trucks I have.
Dozerman51
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by Dozerman51 »

Hi 41powerwagon,
Hard cab means a closed cab as opposed to an open or "Rag" top cab. Longitudinal seats are nothing more than bench seats mounted parallel to each bed side. They are mounted with hardware that allows them to be folded up alongside the inner bed sides. Hard cab WC-1's and 12's had the Longitudinal seats, hard cab WC-5's and 14's had a plain pick up box with no seats in the box at all. Not sure about the hard cab WC-40's, but according to the master parts book, they also had no seats installed in the box. hope this info helps. :thumbup: