Fantastic Wartime archive

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

Sorry mate the e mail won't send for some reason. Did you get the personal message that has the website details that has full pictures and info on Wellesbourns airfeild? :evil:
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Mike W.
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mike W. »

Just on the off chance you should find any US Navy trucks I'd be interested in seeing them/
Mike W.
3rd generation US Navy Vet.
Ft. McCoy, Fla.
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

Hi Mike, the photos are British militaryofficial photos of lend lease vehicles so they are in British markings. I hope to be able to send Gordon some decent photos in a couple of weeks. I do have some photos of US LSTs taken on May 9th 10th 1945 landing british Vehicles on Jersey at St Aubins bay at liberation, 5 were used, in view of the date I would love to find out more. you may find the photos intresting on the Jersey Occupation memorial at http://www.thisisjersey.com/hmd/
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Mike W.
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mike W. »

Thanks, I figured most were in Brit markings but it is always worth a try.
Mike W.
3rd generation US Navy Vet.
Ft. McCoy, Fla.

Post by Guest »

I am hoping to get to personally browse the archive in the next few weeks so I can always keep muy eye out. As with the LSts stuff turns up in odd places. :D
Czechsix
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Post by Czechsix »

Tony B wrote:Sorry mate the e mail won't send for some reason. Did you get the personal message that has the website details that has full pictures and info on Wellesbourns airfeild? :evil:
Sigh.....I wonder if the problem is on my end too. Nope, no email came in.
WC52
WC51
M35A2
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

I'll try private message of the web.