MILLION DOLLAR CCKW CARBURETOR

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

MILLION DOLLAR CCKW CARBURETOR

Post by RANGER »

I have one of those "non sight gauge" die cast CCKW carburetors from a 1st Series CCKW. This is the holy grail of the CCKW carburetors that a few of the numb nuts in the hobby say never existed. It is NOS with matching Zenith and GM part numbers on the circle disk and will be installed on my CCKW in short order.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: MILLION DOLLAR CCKW CARBURETOR

Post by Gordon_M »

Photograph please Ben, and point out what's so rare about it too, please. I don't know the 'sight gauge' thing.

I do have a die-cast carb in a drawer somewhere, but I expect it is just the ordinary one, if for no other reason other than it is finished in that horrible British Eau-de-Nil green paint.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: MILLION DOLLAR CCKW CARBURETOR

Post by RANGER »

Will do. And the Carburetor is the 1st model Zenith to be installed on 1st Series CCKW it is GM 2135998 Zenith 9778 .
There was a previous 28AV11 Die Cast used on the CCKWX, it was GM-2103965, Zenith 9472
Both are ZENITH Type 28AV11 and have no sight plugs on the float bowl for checking float level., The sight plug came later, just when is no big deal, as it is a known fact that the 9778 first installed had no "sight plugs".
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it