driveshaft ID

Kiwi
Sergeant
Sergeant

driveshaft ID

Post by Kiwi »

Hi guys, I'm looking to ID a couple of, what I think are, GMC winch drive-shafts.
They came with a pile of WC Dodge & Jeep parts so I'm thinking along the same lines.

Could you point to me to a website for dimensions please?

thanks in advance
Brent.
WC56.
lendlease
Corporal
Corporal

Re: driveshaft ID

Post by lendlease »

I think from memory that the GMC winch drive shaft is about 1350mm long... Not sure about the WC...
GPW 1944 (2), Studebaker US6 (2), Reo US6 (2)
Kiwi
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kiwi »

thanks for the answer from 'across the ditch'.

I guess I'll have too rethink what they could be for...
these 2 are;
66" (1670mm) x 1"....splined both ends, a slightly raised bearing surface just over, or under 1/2 way along the shaft.

its always a shame to scrap perfectly good parts, but I neither have the room or life blood to hold unidentified parts forever.
Brent.
WC56.
motto
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Harley Davidson 42WLA, Dodge WC63, Dodge WC57, Chevrolet 1-1/2 ton 4x4. Originally an Earth Borer, Pole Setter. Drilling rig gone and truck now mounts a #7 Set Lifting Frame. i.e.: Light Wrecker.

Post by motto »

Length of winch drive shaft without coupling for WC52,55,57 and 63 is 38 inches.
This afternoon I am visiting a friend with a winch model CCKW and will measure the shaft. The ones I am familiar with are splined on one end and keyed on the other so what you have doesn't sound like GMC.
I seem to remember that the tipper used an underbody hoist with the pump incorporated in the hoist and driven off the PTO with a long shaft?
David
motto
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Harley Davidson 42WLA, Dodge WC63, Dodge WC57, Chevrolet 1-1/2 ton 4x4. Originally an Earth Borer, Pole Setter. Drilling rig gone and truck now mounts a #7 Set Lifting Frame. i.e.: Light Wrecker.

Post by motto »

GMC winch drive shaft measured to be 44 inches without the coupling.
David
Kiwi
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kiwi »

thanks David....
I shall scrap them....or pass them along to an engineer mate for good quality lathe stock.
Brent.
WC56.