two M5H6 international fire trucks for sale

All other trucks not mentioned above.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: two M5H6 international fire trucks for sale

Post by RANGER »

No dog and pony show here, just 65 years of non stop Army Vehicle experience and fun. No scrounging, no thirst to impress with names, money, or fantacies, just real time fun and giving back to a hobby that has been very rewarding. The tough part is deciding which truck to choose for the local trip to the watering hole, he fun part is the enjoyment of letting fellow veterans choose their mount for special occasions. There is no better enjoyment than driving a WWII Jeep back across the airfield from where it was surplused 60 some odd years ago and the vivid memories of daily activity at that same Army air Force Base, later USAF Base, with fighters and bombers taking off just a few hundred feet away, the Cletracs and Clarktors, C-2's, 5 Ton 4X4's, CCKW's of all types, and the transition to the early jet fighters and M-Series trucks of the 50's.
It even gets better when some of the surplus parts used to support that equipment can be traded among fellow collectors in order to make their MV projects become realities. :thumbup: Now what was that you were trying to tell me?
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

boy, this guy starts rambling early.... :lol:
thanks for the thoughts- RANGER/BEN DOVER
i'd bet he'll respond..... :wink:

can't wait for another history lesson, or of some NOS parts, and a special CCKW story..

i'll tune in later after i remove the tracks from my HT. getting it ready for VETERANS PARADE!!! :thumbup:
Looking for a donor M38 w/ good motor, Scoutcars and Halftracks, VC's, VF401-406
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I like I.H. Halftracks too, I had 26 unused Surplus RD-450 Engines that made this hobby painless and still have a few accessories leftover from them here and there.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it