WC-52 resturation

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Florence
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Re: WC-52 resturation

Post by Florence »

Hello Johnny,

in my opinion the plates from Steve Kaegi are correct ... and I really like them, have them on my CC, too.
Just be sure to order the correct maintenance plate TM 10-1531 or TM 9-808 depending on your VIN.

During WW2 they used zinc and brass plates. For an early truck I would choose brass.
Here are pics from original brass data plates for comparison, there were different scripts (serif and non-serif) used:

Greetings
Sylvia
WC58 - 4229/933 July 1942 - Commander George
http://www.command-car.com
Dedicated to Dodge Command Car and Dodge Ambulance of WW2

Dodge Build Card collection:
http://www.command-car.com/technik/tech ... cards.html
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

Here's a couple of Photo's to show the progress Johnny is making on his restoration. Pretty nice work area Johnny!! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
JohnnyTH
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by JohnnyTH »

Thanx for posting again.
Yes im spoiled, and this is only half of the workarea i have acsess to. But the rent is high to. i pay 3 600 USD a month. But thank god its the company i work for that pay the bill. Sad thing is that i only have rentet it untill february

Sadly i need to do the sandblasting outside, but i have a forklift to move it all outside, and the weather have not been nice this summer. But tiday the sun is shining so maybe il get some down

I bet it will start raining as soon as i start

johnny
JohnnyTH
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by JohnnyTH »

Kaegi do you still have these plates and if you do and want so sell them could you mail me? my mail adress is johncobra32@hotmail.com

Johnny
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

New updates showing amazing progress.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
JohnnyTH
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by JohnnyTH »

Like i have said i have put some hard work into this resturation last 2 weeks. and a suprising side efect was that i have lost weight, 10lbs.
To bad im back at work and no time to work on the wc52. Im sur eil put that weight back on soon
JohnnyTH
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by JohnnyTH »

another update.

Prigress is slow as I work away from home now and only have weekends to get work done and take care of my family.

But finaly most of the small bits are done and the frame is primed today. Green primer, i know it should be red but its the best thing i could get my hands on and it even was a nice price.

Johnny
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

Here is Johnny's painted frame and another photo of the .50 he is putting together.
JohnnyTH
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by JohnnyTH »

Im trying to work out this pic posting thing so to test it il try to upload anoter pic of the progress on my .50cal

JohnnyTH
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by JohnnyTH »

things are slowly moving forward, next week im back working localy. So can get a bit more done then i can when i only have weekends.

yeah your right a 1 ton trailer wheel is hiding in betwen the dodge parts.
JohnnyTH
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by JohnnyTH »

Anyone else that see the beauty in this pic?

Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

Hi Johnny......65 year old American bare steel???!!!...or may be the early 21st century backpack!!!??? :D

Love the photo's. :thumbup:
JohnnyTH
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by JohnnyTH »

65 year? nothing that new in that pic. this is 67 year old steel!!
Jim M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Jim M »

There is a gentleman on the forum here, that is out of Poland I believe, that carries brass data plates. I got my set from him and they are OUTSTANDING to say the very least :thumbup:

If this something that you might be interested in , let me know and I will dig out his information and pass it on to you.
As far as getting your plates lettered, there is gentleman who list in the MVPA mag that offers data plates, that will letter your plates for a small cost--under $15 for all plates, I think.
He did a set of alumium plates for me and will be doing my new ones 8)

Good luck in your project. I am on the down hill side of my resto on my 42 WC 51. and John from Mid West is my best friend :lol:

Jim M
proud owner of a 1942 WC 51 and now a 1942 WC 56!
JohnnyTH
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by JohnnyTH »

another update if anyone is interested.

Its slowly moving forward here and finaly started working en the engine.

Think il have it back on the frame by friday.

And the fueltank is back in there. its a good feeling to see parts go back on. Feel like there is finaly some progress

Its hard to belive that this ugly green can be so nice with only a coat of flat.