WANTED: front bed panel from G506 chevy

daveyboy
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

WANTED: front bed panel from G506 chevy

Post by daveyboy »

Looking for someone with such a bad shape bed that its not restorable yet the front bed panel is decent... (Dreamer, eh?)

Anyway, Ill take any series bed, fully welded version that needs the paortion I need to be torched to a later series that unbolts completley.

anyone have a piece of a bed like this that they will sell me?

(BTW... does the 2.5 ton trucks a similir front bed portion like this or are they completly different?)

Please advise to:

wc57doggieboy@yahoo.com

or call 214-762-1356

Many thanks.
"there is no sense living like Barbarians just because there is a war going on"

"Major Dietrich Wilhelm von Alsberg
aka “THE COUNT”
Bud Wheel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: WANTED: front bed panel from G506 chevy

Post by Bud Wheel »

Yup Davey your dreamin' :lol:

I think you will most likely end up having to fab one up ( or getting a jobber to do it )
On every single 1 1/2 ton truck I have pick-up the front panel had some serious rot ( usually from the front tires being flat :wink: )

Bud
A small collection of period correct HMVs
retro-roco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by retro-roco »

Which front panel are you looking for? the upper, lower or both? I've been at the shop working on my truck the last few days of my vacation :D , and can draw one up for you this afternoon, if that would help.
Kirk Gustafson
Item Coy, 23 Regt, 2 Inf Div
WWII HRS
daveyboy
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by daveyboy »

Yea, Bud, thats kinda what I was figuring. However, I have over the years seen a few beds for sale, really beat up along the sides and stake pockets gone to H*LL, but the front panle seemed OK.

I was hoping to find somwone with a wreck like this, thats all.

Well thanks Retro.. FOr sure Ill take the drawings you made up. I need the entire section of the front panel, from the top all the way to the bottom, from side to side complete.

Previous owner tried "scabbing" over the inside of the bed with a piece of sheet metal, and it looks horrible. Then the bottom section, where it bolts to the frame, was so rotted he tried making some peice, and again, scabbing it in with poor results. The only way would be to have a shop make me up one, complete, from top to bottom.

If you got the drawings already, Ill for sure like to see them to save me crawling around measuring an all.

Much appreciated. BTW... what format can yo send them in?

I can take in PRO-E files, IGES formatted, etc.

Send to WC57doggieboy@yahoo.com when ya can!

Thanks once again.

aka “THE COUNT”
retro-roco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by retro-roco »

Davey,

The front panel on my truck is two pieces. The front panel extends from the top of the stake pocket rail all the way to the frame. The back panel extends from below the floor to the top of the frame. I measured up the front, full height panel today, and took some pictures of some of the more unusual features. I'll have to measure up the rear panel, as it sounds like yours is likely buggered up.

I usually do my drawings in AutoCAD, and output them as PDF files. They should be sufficient for most shops to fabricate from. I'll let you know when I get the drawings done...
Kirk Gustafson
Item Coy, 23 Regt, 2 Inf Div
WWII HRS
daveyboy
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by daveyboy »

Ill take them in .PDF format. I think I understand now the description of the design/ weldment now. Yes, your right. Mine is so buggered up I cant tell what was original.

Funny. My cab is in such nice shape really, the bed is in so poor of a shape.

aka “THE COUNT”