My Beep

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
beep
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Re: My Beep

Post by beep »

Rgus,

I already contact with vintage, and that´s it 20 $ each plus shipping to spain. I will buy them. Thanks for your help.

Ian, estoy bien, ¿y tu? A command car in New Zealand, Wou. The thing is that the Beep does not have the original tank, It has a smaller one, so My idea is to replace it for the opriginal, as it is important to have at least the original fuel autonomy, although I do have some extra jerrycans. So you say that if I conect a wire from the tank to the chasis It may work? easy isn´t it? I will try it this weekend.

How is a New Zealander speaking spanish? what a surprise. I am from Santander,smal but very beatifull town in the north of spain, with a wonderfull bay, (have a look in google pics) I bought the beep from france like 6 months ago.

Regards,
1944 WC 51
couple willys couple land rover and an oldsmobile.
Ian Jamieson
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ian Jamieson »

Beep,
I speak a little Spanish as I have dealings with a company in Maurieta on a regular basis. I have visited Espania 4 times now, all in the Pamplona & Laguadia regions.

The basics of the fuel gauge are the current runs from the ignition switch, through the gauge and to earth via the sender unit in the tank. Generally the tank has a coat or two of paint, as do the mounting straps so a good earth via these components is not very likely. The jumper wire will prove the point for you.

Saludos

Ian
1942 WC57 Command Car
1942 WC-53 Carry-All
1941 Willys MB
beep
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by beep »

¿¿¿¿¿¿maurieta??? where the hell is this? I don´t know it. Good wine, laguardia´s one.

The tank is not original and it isn´t paint, but i will try what you say, but no fire danger?

Thanks for your help,

Regards
1944 WC 51
Ian Jamieson
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ian Jamieson »

Maurieta is 50km north west of Pamplona. Not much there except the centrifugal casting foundary :wink:

The chances of a fire are very low. If in fact the jumper wire cures the problem you need to put a permanent earth wire in place. I used one of the sender unit mounting screws, and ran a wire th the brake pipe clip securing bolt.

Es perfecto senor ;-)

Ian
1942 WC57 Command Car
1942 WC-53 Carry-All
1941 Willys MB
martylee
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by martylee »

A very nice truck indeed! Even though there might be a few GI modifications you really ought to keep them like that. These make them stand out from the crowd!

Do you know of any other military vehicles in your part of the world?

Marty
Hamar, Norway
Cookin' a meal with power and steel...
beep
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by beep »

Thank you Martylee, there are a lot of things I want to do on the truck, but the first and hadest thing to do is to obtain the documents, without documentsthe truck can´t be driven strret legally.

What you mean with the last question about military vehicles in my part of the world?

Regards,
1944 WC 51
abn deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by abn deuce »

I m sure what Martylee means is ....Are there many other Military vehicles in collectores hands or for sale in Spain .
If there are what makes and ages would they be ? American , British , etc.
1945 GMC CCKW353h-1 488*** Air portable with winch and dump body
19** wooden Ben Hur (rebuilt) 2-15-1958