my motor pool at local car show

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
irish wc62
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Re: my motor pool at local car show

Post by irish wc62 »

thats some collection of vehicles, id love it if my group had a collection that big.
Tony B wrote:Would love a loan of the Carryall, current weather in UK I'm missing doors on the 51. :D
hi tony, im getting the same weather over here. i told you last year to get the doors of allied forces. this is the first year since i got my dodge that i got snow to drive in.

ive been out out a ouple of times at a friends farm and love driving through fresh snow.

with the doors on i dont deel the cold,the engine keeps the cab warm.

i love the snow
Ernie Baals
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: my motor pool at local car show

Post by Ernie Baals »

Hi Kent
The carryall is Averoe WWII Marine Coprs green.
My dad had it painted Uas US Army for years, then he found a picture of a carryall on New Colendonia (spelling?) with USMC markings, the next winter he had it in the garage stripping the paint off of it.
He is a USMC WWII veteran, 3rd Division. he saw action on Guadalcanal, (he said they called it advanced training :? only a couple of thousand Jap snipers and stragglers to clean up in a sweep) lsmded D=day H hour on Guam, and went in D plus 8 on Iwo Jima.

The carryall has a little heater up under the glove box, and if you don't drive too fast, you can feel a little heat from it. But it is darn nice to have roll up windows. The carryall is still one wierd truck, seats 7, with only 1 usable entry, exit door.

Thanks again for all the nice words, once the weather brakes it will be tome to charge the batteries, fire them up and see what maintenance they need.

Ernie