Post by Adam in Wa »

Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Progress pics..

Post by Gordon_M »

Nice and straight, and a matched set of wire-on guards too. :D
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
Adam in Wa
Sergeant
Sergeant
My garage: 48 Power Wagon
42 WC53
71 Dodge Challenger R/T

Post by Adam in Wa »

My WC-53 is not currently drivable; it is in a storage unit about a mile from my house. I spent the winter getting it running, fixing the fuel tank, brakes, lines, transfer case, etc. My goal is to drive it to my house where I can finish the body work and paint.

I just got it to move under it’s own power last week, but I needed to complete the wiring harness for the front and rear lights. I will be using relays to power the headlights, and I have added turn signals. Additionally, I relocated the battery to the left inner fender so I needed to button up the front end sheet metal. Also, there are lots of little things to fix, like a leaky water pump...

My doors are nearly ready for paint, and I am steadily working my way towards the rear... :)

Yes, I made a matching headlight guard for the left side since I eliminated the blackout lights.
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

It is worth spending some time on the roof panel, the side window boxes, and their winders. If you haven't already done so, check the rear body aperture for squareness by measuring the diagonals too - you don't want to finish the bodywork and then find that the tailgate / liftgate won't line up.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
juan15
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by juan15 »

Hola Adam,

I do not want you to get upset with my comments and I also recognize that you use what you have and it's over.

But, but ... with such a beautiful restoration you're doing, it's a pity that you do not put it right.

I do not remember, I'm sorry, but can you tell me the chassis number?, It is to locate the vehicle with its exact parts.

Juan.
Adam in Wa
Sergeant
Sergeant
My garage: 48 Power Wagon
42 WC53
71 Dodge Challenger R/T

Post by Adam in Wa »

Yes, Juan I know... modifications are a slippery slope, solid roof, heater, alternator, headlight guard and other abominations..... my apologies to the purists; but, the appearance of the truck will still represent what it is and I did save it from a likely trip to the junkyard. :D

My truck is 81584840; 6267, built on 11/25/42