Posting Photos How to Guide

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Lang
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posting Photos How to Guide

Post by Lang »

Recently somebody smarter than me suggested Post Image as a means to getting photos up easily. The forum seriously lacks photos and only the more brilliant amongst us has managed to achieve this feat.

I have tried Post Image and even for my feeble brain this is dead easy to just follow the bouncing ball.

1. Go to Post Image and register for free - no details just your email and a password.

To post an image on the forum: This looks complicated but in the time it takes to read you could have posted 4 photos. Once you do a couple you will be putting photos on every post - and so you should!

1. Open Post image https://postimages.org/

2. Click on "Choose Images"

3. This takes you to your computer to choose from "Pictures", "Downloads" or even if you keep them in files like Picasa - wherever you keep them. Find the photo you want, click on it, then if you are happy click "open"

4. This will take you back to Post Image and give you a series of options (for geniuses Post Image lets you do lots of things). Highlight then right click and Copy the "Direct Link" which is the second one down.

5. You now have your photo in your hot little hand to do with it as you will. Go to your post on the forum and click on the image icon (the little mountain sign). On your post will come up a little message with something like (img) flashing bar (img)

6. Slide your pointer over the flashing bar - you need a steady hand because it is only one letter wide between the img brackets. Right click and click Paste.

7. Voila! your photo appears.
dashtp40
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: WC-3

Re: Posting Photos How to Guide

Post by dashtp40 »

Lang,
I'll have to try this out, thanks.
Steve
gyknot
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: '41 dodge wc-1
'45 IHC m5h6

Post by gyknot »

Hope this shows up...//i.postimg.cc/V6zCZSRB/cl3.jpg

Works better if you follow the directions. Still confuses me a bit but it worked!! I had to resize my picture to get it to work.

Of course I'm referring to the post below... :roll:
Last edited by gyknot on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gyknot
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: '41 dodge wc-1
'45 IHC m5h6

Post by gyknot »

Lang
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lang »

Great photo

Dodge were absolutely hopeless at designing a decent canvas canopy. The 3/4 are as bad as the 1/2.

Lang
juan15
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by juan15 »

Thank you very much Lang,

Juan.
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

I used postimage on here a couple of years ago after photobucket changed. I went back and looked at the topic and noticed the photo I posted isn't there anymore. It might be I checked the expiration box incorrectly or the forum upgrade a while ago might have something to do with it. There is an expiration box you can check for different periods of time the photo will show. As Lang says, very easy to use.

https://forum.ww2dodge.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13232
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
Dozerman51
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by Dozerman51 »

I'll see if this works.
Dozerman51
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by Dozerman51 »

Better luck next time I guess. LOL
Lang
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lang »

Thanks for the expiry date tip. I did not notice anything like that - will have a look.

PS Just had a look and the default is "No Expiration" so do nothing and it should stay forever unless you click on the Expiration box and tell it to remove after a certain time.

Lang