Corporal
Corporal
My garage: 1945 GPW
1944 MB
1942 WC 55 (reconfigured to a 52)

Cargo bed canvas dimensions

Post by Themoose74 »

Hello all...

I've acquired one on the largest pieces of canvas I've ever seen. I'd like to put it to use by turning it into a canvas cover for the bed of my WC52.

Does anyone have the proper dimensions handy or know where I can look to find them? I didn't see them in the manuals and my searches here turned up empty.

My best guess is that it should be something close to 10'x16'...or 12'x18'. I'd like to be a little more exact- you know the old saying "measure twice and cut once!"

Also, while we are at it, does anyone know where I can get the hardware to attach the driver's compartment canvas to the windshield? I might make that section, too.

Thanks!
zepher11
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Re: Cargo bed canvas dimensions

Post by zepher11 »

Themoose74 wrote:Hello all...

I've acquired one on the largest pieces of canvas I've ever seen. I'd like to put it to use by turning it into a canvas cover for the bed of my WC52.

Does anyone have the proper dimensions handy or know where I can look to find them? I didn't see them in the manuals and my searches here turned up empty.

My best guess is that it should be something close to 10'x16'...or 12'x18'. I'd like to be a little more exact- you know the old saying "measure twice and cut once!"

Also, while we are at it, does anyone know where I can get the hardware to attach the driver's compartment canvas to the windshield? I might make that section, too.

Thanks!
Here is one link for some hardware. Not positive they have the matte black:

http://www.nwtarp.com/common-sense-fasteners/

One can also likely get them from Beachwood Canvas. Not sure:

https://www.beachwoodcanvas.com/order/productlist.cfm
Zeph

"Why wasn't I born a 4F instead of good looking?" ...(The Story of GI Joe)