WANTED Auto-Lite Oil and Water Temp gauges

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
Fred Coldwell
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

WANTED Auto-Lite Oil and Water Temp gauges

Post by Fred Coldwell »

Wanted to Buy: Auto-Lite WW II oil pressure and water temperature gauges as used on Dodge WC trucks during WW II, as pictured below. NOS is a dream and I'll pay for that dream, but used in good or better condition (like shown in the photo) should be acceptable. The capillary tube on the water temp gauge should be 30" long at a minimum, but a longer tube is acceptable if the gauge face is identical to the one in the photo. Need two oil pressure gauges and one water temp gauge. Please email or PM me with photos, price and shipping charges to Denver, Colorado 80207, U.S.A. Thank you.

Fred Coldwell
Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
1944 T233 Command Car prototype
1945 T233 Utility Truck pilot model
Don
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Re: WANTED Auto-Lite Oil and Water Temp gauges

Post by Don »

Similar reproduction gauges are available from Kaiser-Willys Auto Supply:

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/category/g ... -45-mb-gpw

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/category/g ... -45-mb-gpw

They're not NOS, but they look pretty good. You'd have to modify the capillary tube on the water gauge, but there's do-it-yourself directions available for that.
Fred Coldwell
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Re: WANTED Auto-Lite Oil and Water Temp gauges

Post by Fred Coldwell »

Don:

Thanks for the link. I'm aware of those rather nice repro gauges, and may have to resort to one or more of them if I cannot find any nice originals that I now seek.
Fred Coldwell
Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
1944 T233 Command Car prototype
1945 T233 Utility Truck pilot model