Jump & Jive BBQ, Linz (G) 04.06.2016 + 43 photos

Discussion of current events, the site, the forum and participation in intelligent conversation with other forum.ww2dodge users - politics-free please.
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Dodge WC51 built 1942. Former 4x4 MV: Dodge WC52, LR 109 ex MOD FFR (fitted for radio) Series IIA and Series III, Series III Stage1 V8 with Ambulance Body (ex. MOD), Series II 88 ex. BGS (German Border Patrol).

Jump & Jive BBQ, Linz (G) 04.06.2016 + 43 photos

Post by 12th Air Force »

Hello Folk's,

we are back from the Jump & Jive BBQ at the historic Hotel Weinstock at Linz am Rhein, only 5 km from Remagen.
Organized the second time by the GI Jive Band it's a small and very "stylish" 1940ies Vintage Car and Swing Music Event, with dancing and live Bands in the 1920ies Ballroom of the Hotel in the Evening.

We have been there with some friends incl. an J**p, an 1955 Buick and my Dodge (car no. 4 was not finished in time).
The weather was not the best and we had for several day's ongoing thunderstorms and heavy rain with flooding's in some areas - so that many vintage car owners stayed at home with their beauties. So - sad to say so - overall we had only about 30 cars in place.

All of us have been impressed of the outstanding organization, that included BBQ, Vintage Fashion show, make-up artists for the Ladies and several traders for 1940ies Dresses, Hat's and accessories. The main act of the GI Jive Band was fun too - also, because the Band with it's 8 members appeared again in their 1940ies US Army Uniforms on stage. :D

So - if we don't drive to Normandy - we all decided to return to Linz again next year. :thumbup:

Here some black&white impressions of the Event:

http://www.steel-toys.com/Linz16/
Notice: click on "next image" on top to open each next photo (43 overall).

Keep 'em Rolling,

Joakim

vario
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: 1942 WC-54 Ambulance

Re: Jump & Jive BBQ, Linz (G) 04.06.2016 + 43 photos

Post by vario »

Great pics, thanks!

Ulrich
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Dodge WC51 built 1942. Former 4x4 MV: Dodge WC52, LR 109 ex MOD FFR (fitted for radio) Series IIA and Series III, Series III Stage1 V8 with Ambulance Body (ex. MOD), Series II 88 ex. BGS (German Border Patrol).

Re: Jump & Jive BBQ, Linz (G) 04.06.2016 + 43 photos

Post by 12th Air Force »

Thank's for the flowers. :D

In fact is every Event only as good as the people behind it - and here you could see that the organizers are "burning" for their Event, with all the lovely small details...

The only sad thing is, that the Event is "around D-Day" = you can only be there, if you are NOT going to see Normandy and the landing beaches...

Keep 'em Rolling,

Joakim