info help fwd har1

All other trucks not mentioned above.
desert man
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

info help fwd har1

Post by desert man »

Hi there well searched around couldnt find much on 1942 FWDhar1 trucks can any one help thanks :roll:
Robbo
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Robbo »

Try here for some photographs:

http://www66.tok2.com/home2/tankguy/bel ... wdhar.html

http://www.mapleleafup.org/forums/showt ... eadid=1341

Best source of info is the Wheels & Track magazine article referred to previously.

What sort of condition is the vehicle in??
desert man
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Post by desert man »

needs abit of work robbo say full refit but all parts are there.
Robbo
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Robbo »

They are quite a rare truck anywhere in the world - so if it's not too far gone it might be worth saving.

"lendlease" on this forum may be able to help with some parts - send him a PM maybe. He's not too far from you.
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

desert man,

I have that copy of Wheels & Tracks, issue 5. It has 20 pages of text, photos and cut-aways of the FWD Har.

Paul
desert man
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Post by desert man »

thanks paul you going to sell me a copy and robbo yes I know lendlease very well and I buy my wc parts of of him thanks mate.
Richard Carey
Private

FWDHar1

Post by Richard Carey »

To Desert Man
Sorry about time factor but I just found this site and then had to register. Be careful about the FWD Har as the original square section differential/axle housing had a tendency for the differential to self destroy.to the extent that the Australian Military replaced them with Chevrolet Blitz complete axles as mine has been done.Also the third diff in the bottom of the chain driven transfer box falls to pieces as the pinion shaft is only held in by a small woodruff key and a grubb screw.I did a modification on mine and it seems to be working. Last time I was talking to Ross Prince at the Military Jeep Club Rally at Canungra he had the small Technical Manual TM 9-815 for sale but no parts so buy what you can when you can and dont argue about the price. I live in Brisbane so Email me rjcarey@lizzy.com.au. I have two manuals FWD Model HAR 4x4 Tractor and TM 9-815 [ NOT for sale] . Good news is that the distributor from 6 cyl Landrover goes straight in. Regards Dick Carey