Mystery Emblem ??

All other trucks not mentioned above.
Hardbird
Corporal
Corporal

Mystery Emblem ??

Post by Hardbird »

Hello,

A friend of mine, Rich Welsh, found the following emblem on his early M2 half-track during it's restoration:

Underneath the markings shown in this photo were the letters U. S. A. painted in the center of the armor plate, much wider and with periods after each letter. Finding out what unit used either marking is the clue he needs.

So far our best guess has been a wargame marking? 4th Corps has already been discounted because their similar insignia is only two colors, white and blue. The yellow surround may be significant, meaning either 1942 vintage, or cavalry? You may have seen a photo like this in a magazine a couple of years ago, for it was in Army Motors No. 107, no responses were received from the article.

Any thoughts, help with other leads, or any information about this emblem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ron
Ron Leatherman
Albion, Indiana
MVPA #28954

1943 Autocar M15A1 / M16A1 Half-track
(converted to the M3 standard)

http://www.mv-restoration.com
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Hi Ron:

Well the triangle is easy, it means "This Side Up". :lol: Seriously, if ya do find out (from another source than here), I hope you'll let us know. Unfortunately, any older Cav pics I have are B&W's, so I really can't help. Sorry.

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"