Old WC's never die - they just move on! :-)

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Dodge WC51 built 1942. Former 4x4 MV: Dodge WC52, LR 109 ex MOD FFR (fitted for radio) Series IIA and Series III, Series III Stage1 V8 with Ambulance Body (ex. MOD), Series II 88 ex. BGS (German Border Patrol).

Re: Old WC's never die - they just move on! :-)

Post by 12th Air Force »

12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Dodge WC51 built 1942. Former 4x4 MV: Dodge WC52, LR 109 ex MOD FFR (fitted for radio) Series IIA and Series III, Series III Stage1 V8 with Ambulance Body (ex. MOD), Series II 88 ex. BGS (German Border Patrol).

Post by 12th Air Force »

ARD news video in HD quality on the 70. anniversary commemoration:

https://www.tagesschau.de/multimedia/vi ... 18761.html
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by 12th Air Force »

70 years Berlin Airlift in the media:

Frankfurter Rundschau: http://www.fr.de/frankfurt/frankfurt-er ... -a-1532846

Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung: http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/70-j ... 59900.html

Frankfurter Neue Presse: http://www.fnp.de/nachrichten/politik/A ... 59,3028428
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by 12th Air Force »

12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by 12th Air Force »

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! :thumbup:

Me after the Event. Exhausted - but happy as someone could ever be! :-)

Find the after action report on our USMVC homepage here: http://www.usmvc.eu/seiten/2018_berline ... uecke.html
dashtp40
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: WC-3

Post by dashtp40 »

12th,
Thanks for posting the pictures and the links, always enjoy your postings.
Steve
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by 12th Air Force »

dashtp40 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:45 am 12th,
Thanks for posting the pictures and the links, always enjoy your postings.
Steve
My pleasure! :D

To be honest: Actually I post most stuff on fb because the handling is easier. In case: have a look at my account there "Jojo Steinweden".

For my own images here at the Forum I have to upload them first, before I can share them here - and actually I have not the time to do so. :-(
Same with my private Dodge homepage - I think the last update is from March or May?
-My day should have 25 hours... :roll:
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by 12th Air Force »

My Dodghe WC51 as part of the documentary film "The King" (German title) Actually it is under it's original title "Promised Land" on Screen in 45 movie theaters across the USA.

The documentary is asking "what happened to the American dream?" and is using Elvis Rolls Royce for an epic journey from coast to coast with interviews. Interview partners are many stars as Ethan Hawke, Emmylou Harris, James Carville, Alec Baldwin, Van Jones, Chuck D and Ashton Kutcher.

Parallel to this is the discription of Elvis career, as an blueprint for "the American dream".

The documentary is an international co-production and was in the contest at Cannes and the Sundance Film Festival.

Some takes have been made at Bad Nauheim (Germany), home of the "German Graceland" and it's Elvis Festival in 2016.
The camera team used my Dodge for filming the Cadillac Parade at the Festival. There is a short take-out of an interview with me as well.

The documentary is on DVD for sale via Amazon from late August on.

Tonight it is on TV in Germany at the stateside ARD Channel from 22.45 hrs. on.

Here is the link to the official trailer in HD quality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csXtdjsqYLM
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by 12th Air Force »

Photos made during the "making of" Promised Land...

Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

Looking good Captain.
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by 12th Air Force »

Well, it's a while that I posted some new stuff here. So one of the latest Events was the Veterans Day commemoration at the Luxembourg American Cemetery, honoring the liberators of Europe.

At the local press was a short article on it, but with great photos. Luxemburger Wort article: https://www.wort.lu/de/politik/veterans ... 7ad3b99526

Here some of the outstanding photos, showing the deep respect still after 69 years. Our USMV Club donated a wreath with the AUSA Abrams Chapter Wiesbaden. Officially I was in place as the representative of the Patton Foundation.

Good to see, that the sacrifice of so many is not forgotten. Sad to say so - freedom is (still today) not for free...
LEST WE FORGET!

dashtp40
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: WC-3

Post by dashtp40 »

Thanks for posting the pictures. I also am glad to see that those that paid the ultimate sacrifice are honored.
Steve
Andersun
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Andersun »

Can somebody please educate me on how any of these actors and rappers listed below would know anything about what America stands for?

The documentary is asking "what happened to the American dream?" and is using Elvis Rolls Royce for an epic journey from coast to coast with interviews. Interview partners are many stars as Ethan Hawke, Emmylou Harris, James Carville, Alec Baldwin, Van Jones, Chuck D and Ashton Kutcher.
Steve
1943 WC57
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by 12th Air Force »

Well, the documentary offers "a broad range of opinions" - and we don't have to agree to all of them of cause. :-)

But the overall question behind is not answered: what happened to the American Dream and optimistic point of view, most Americans had in the 1950ies and early/mid 1960ies?

I don't have an answer to it, but it is a good question from my point of view.

I'm a child of this decade and sometimes I wonder "what went wrong - and when?". :?:

Anyhow: there are still some older folk's like me around, believing in the German American friendship and doing active something "to be good hosts, partners and supporting those who serve in G".

Events like the Elvis Festival at Bad Nauheim are underlining this since more than 17 years and that's why our US Military Vehicle Club is part of it, offering in addition an annual Ray Barrack's Tour to "the Army Home of Elvis" at Friedberg (the installation is closed since 2007, when the 1AD as the last Army unit in place left it).

And: The US Army is still today the guarantee for a safe and free Europe.

http://www.steel-toys.com/EF16/
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by 12th Air Force »

Veterans Day at Luxembourg American Cemetery

CPT Gemma McGowan (ret.) and me honoring the Liberators of Europe together as representatives of the Association of the US Army (AUSA) and the US Military Vehicle Club Germany (USMVC). A great moment of friendship. Brothers in Arms.

Lest we Forget!