OTHER WWII TRUCK EXPERTS THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE

All other trucks not mentioned above.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

OTHER WWII TRUCK EXPERTS THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Post by RANGER »

Peter DeBella has been an Icon in the WWII Jeep and Truck Parts business, he has vast expertise, his inventory of rare WWII parts is the result of years of hard work and dedication, and is not limited to just Jeeps.
Brent Mullins and George Baxter can be added also, they are the best in the US when it comes to research and knowledge. All have over thirty years of experience.
There are countless WWII veterans that have vast knowledge also, some of them have shared their experience in past issues of the MVPAs excellent magazine "ARMY MOTORS".
There are dozens of retired old time surplus parts dealers that are inactive due to retirement, and are sadly out of the everyday picture.
I wish that some of my old Army Instructors were available, the hobby could use them.
One has to remember that the modern army truck has been around since the 40s and that thousands were well trained by Uncle Sam. The knowledge is out there, but meeting up with all the old experts is difficult.

My favorite mentors in the 50s-60s were both US Army instructors and Army National Guard Maintenance Personell, as they had hundreds of intact 4X4, 6X6, and tracked vehicles to maintain, especially the National Guard as many of their vehicles ranged from under 5,000 miles to a few hundred and their equipment was as new.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it