SIGHTS YOU DON'T SEE ANY LONGER

All other trucks not mentioned above.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

SIGHTS YOU DON'T SEE ANY LONGER

Post by RANGER »

Half Tracks stripped to the chassis with a Bantam Crane mounted, tooling along the main highways at 40MPH.
They actually were quite quiet. We had a 1949 White WC-22 Tractor at our business with a 160AX Half Track engine that hauled our low boy trailer.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Back in the 50s thru mid 60s most every Military Base had those early 50s White WC-22 Tractors that hauled just about every Military Semi-trailer in the inventory. I can remember the Strata Blue WC-22 at Dow being hooked to the 12 Ton Crash Trailer.
On the Army Bases the WC-22 hauled Trailers from the Post Bakery filled with fresh loaves of bread, and Trailers loaded with dirty or clean laundry to and from the Quartermaster Laundry to the various Supply Rooms at the Bases. I used to use the Quartermaster Laundry, the service was good. My tailored fatigues were not as well starched, thou, and I normaly sent my favorite fatigues to the laundry in town to get them "stiff as a board" They could actually stand by them selves. Lot of difference back then, I could weigh 185# with a 32" waist, now the same weight has a 38" waist.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Hey RANGER:

I think I was 12 the last time I saw a 32" waist. :lol: Wait a durned minute. For a brief time I was a 32 in basic. That's back when I hardly ate anything. I was actually malnourished back then. :shock: Just re-hit the 195 mark. Down to a 38 again and may even try back my 36's soon. :shock:

As for starch, I preferred the "Military Press" look myself. That's where ya pressed your uniform between the matress & springs. Drove my commanding general (& even more-so, my 1st Sgt) totally NUTS! :twisted: Actually, starch gave me a bad rash. :cry: :wink:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Probably no way near as bad as the case of "red ass" you gave your superiors.
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Oh, and I tried too. :twisted: Why waste all that good UCMJ training they gave me? :lol:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"