K-52 1 TON TRAILER 2W

All other trucks not mentioned above.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

K-52 1 TON TRAILER 2W

Post by RANGER »

Has anyone ever noticed that many of the K-52 Generator Trailers with the PE-95 have series of small holes (1/16") drilled into half dozen locations 1/2 way up the body and tailgate?
Many K-52 Trailers did not ever have data plates or provisions for same.
All K-52 Trailers had a spare tire bracket.
My particular trailer is "as new", stored in a hanger from 1949-1989, it was at one time issued to the USMC and has undercoating It had a layer of OD over the USMC Green, ans has the USMC Registration stamped into the LH Drawbar.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Robbo
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Robbo »

Hi Ranger,

Would the small holes you mention be rivet or screw holes for fuel can racks - I believe the trailer usually carried four cans to supply the generator.

Did your trailer come with the heavy interconnecting power lead - they would be pretty rare things nowadays.

What thoughts do you have on why the trailers lacked data plates - this seems to contravene standard practice for most equipment.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

My trailer is out in the shop, but the holes are practically pinholes and almost decorative. I have seen these on a few other K-52s in photos. It has to be related to K-52 Trailers. I will fire you off a pic in a day or two.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
brian
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by brian »

the only pics I have of the k-52 are from TM 11-281 on the scr 399 set.
theres a good top view showing chest 112-a.
with an extension cord CO-313A I imagine those are rare as hens teeth.
It does give demensions and a packing list for the ch-112-B
guess it has 4 cords.

CD-659 opperating
CO-335 opperating
CO-652 spare
CO-313 spare
it mentions a 100' cord wich I assume is the 313.
and says you can go 200' before you suffer from voltage drop.
BB
if you cant afford the manual, you cant afford the truck!
wc-4
Robbo
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Robbo »

Brian,

That illustration you mention refers to Frame FM-62-A. I'm not sure whether it is a frame that fits in the trialer or not. It might be what Ranger's mystery holes secure.

Any ideas what this part is?
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I did not get a chance for photos yesterday, the holes are sort of triangular patterns on the tailgate, and straight on the sides. They are too small to be screwholes. They do appear on other K-52s.