From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Leno
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade
My garage: Dodge WC51

Dodge WC51 Spare Wheel

Post by Leno »

Hello.
I bought my dodge wc51 from a person who had it practically restored in the absence of light switches (pending putting mine for new ones like the original ones), military paint markings (symbols), rear tools and some more details of the rear load that have easy solution.
But my biggest problem comes from getting a wheel here in Europe, other than the UK (the customs duties to my country are a robbery and unsustainable :? ).
I have looked at various websites; jeepdodgegmc, jeepest and us-army-militaryshop.de but it's hard for me to find the rim and the inner ring according to the photo.
I hope I do not violate any rules by putting these websites, it is not my intention. Just the fact that people know where I have searched but I can't find all the parts. I wanted to make it clear.
I search:
-Wheel side ring and bead lock ring.
Or ...A complete wheel of Dodge wc51 :mrgreen: :thumbup:

They do sell the tire, the inner tube and an inner rubber (which I have not seen in any manual and which I do not know if it replaces the internal metal ring) but I do not know if the rim is the m37 that I have seen or has another description. If any user knows any websites in Europe, be it France, Belgium, Germany... with more information and help, I will be very grateful.

Regards Juan Carlos.
Thank you very much.
Leno
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Re: Dodge WC51 Spare Wheel

Post by Leno »

Let no Englishman get angry with me, please :thumbup: :mrgreen: , they are not to blame for my government :thumbdown: :x robbing its citizens with such a tax rate compared to any country outside the EU. But the last thing I bought, they made me pay almost 50% of the value of the product, whatever the product.
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

I have no sources to suggest, unfortunately. I used modern tyres of the correct pattern and never bothered with the bead locks, though.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
Leno
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by Leno »

Thank you very much Gordon,
I'll keep that in mind in case my search turns out to be fruitless. What make and model do you use for your vehicle?

Regards Juan Carlos.
Leno
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by Leno »

I finally found the tire. Although it will have to be worked on, apparently it comes from old stock, so it will have to be sanded, polished, antioxidants and painted.

Any ideas or recommendations?