Truck TITLE

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Wolfen
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Truck TITLE

Post by Wolfen »

Oregon will not issue me a title for my WC63. I was told, that I needed to give them the old title. The truck, never had a title. The guy I bought it from used it on his farm after he bought it from the ARMY after WWII. He never registered it with the state. He has since died so I can't ask him if has any documentation. Any advice on how to get a TITLE?
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Re: Truck TITLE

Post by Kaegi »

you can get it done in WA. do you have any friends or relatives with and address there? you bring in a bill of sale then they do a search and inspection then its a waiting game. you maybe be able to more easily get one through arizona. do some googling on classic car titles
gyknot
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: '41 dodge wc-1
'45 IHC m5h6

Post by gyknot »

Idaho is similar to Washington. Both require physical inspection of the vehicle.
Idaho will issue you a bonded title which after 3yrs can be converted to a full legal ownership title to the vehicle if there have been no claims on it.
Washington will issue you a registration only (unless something has changed since I last did that). You can register the vehicle for 3yrs, and again if no claims on it, then you can apply for a real title.

With your situation I cannot imagine there is any fear of a past owner coming forward with a 40 yr old title and laying claim to it. In some other cases where the past ownership might be in question, you risk having your investment taken from you quite legally by somebody that can put forward old legal paperwork on the vehicle.

I have found that once you locate a DMV office that knows the procedures and is willing to work with you is the most difficult part. Once I find one, they get all of my business. Fortunately I have one very close to home now, that is willing to work with you, rather than keep throwing up obstacles to make it even more difficult.
gyknot
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: '41 dodge wc-1
'45 IHC m5h6

Post by gyknot »

I guess I left out that you have to "prove" residency in the state you wish to title in. That is where a trusted friend comes into play, so they can title it and then "sell" it to you after all the title work has been finished.