All other trucks not mentioned above.
gyknot
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: '41 dodge wc-1
'45 IHC m5h6

2 1/2 ton tractor weight?

Post by gyknot »

I"m trying to find an original empty weight for a 2 1/2 ton 6x6 semi tractor model. Ideal would be to find the weight for an International M5H6, but a CCKW should be close enough to guess from. Anybody found any books that provide weights other than for the LWB cargo versions?
krisinwa.st.
Sergeant
Sergeant
My garage: 1942 dodge wc21 open cab
1953 reo m49 tanker

Re: 2 1/2 ton tractor weight?

Post by krisinwa.st. »

Been looking ... , so far nothing , looked on the Binder Plant fourm a little bit
without any luck , I have a book on US WW2 vehicles with all the stats , problem
is I can't find the thing , will keep looking , curious as to why you are looking
for the factory weight
gyknot
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: '41 dodge wc-1
'45 IHC m5h6

Re: 2 1/2 ton tractor weight?

Post by gyknot »

Dave Ball got me an approximate number on the Binder Planet site. Not really much different than the cargo but I'm not sure if he got it from books or maybe one he used to own and weighed.
I was looking at what was left of one down by Portland to see if I might get by with my lighter trailer but it didn't look promising. I was guessing at what it might weigh with the missing pieces now. Finally decided that its too rough to be worth the scrap price for it plus the fuel and time to drag it home for what little was left I could use.
Thanks for looking. If you actually find one I'd be curious still. I was surprised when I couldn't find any weights anywhere on line or any of my books either.