WWII Dodge Links and Database ( Sticky )

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
divingrocks
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
My garage: 1942 WC54 Project
1943 WC54 Donor

Re: WWII Dodge Links and Database ( Sticky - renamed )

Post by divingrocks »

achiem37 wrote:Thanks for the hood number. Is this number the exact one for my truck or an estimated one?. Either way I really aprreciate the info and will have a stencil made up to paint it on the hood. Thanks again diving rocks
I guarantee that it is within a range of possible numbers (not much empirical data however) that I carefully made a scientific wild-assed guess about...Perhaps rgus can help narrow it down some more since he has filled-in more gaps on these 6x6's than I have
"Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base... The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood."
achiem37
Corporal
Corporal

Post by achiem37 »

I like your scientific method as I have used it often when confronted with limited data and little time. I tried to work out a formula using the build numbers of the WC63's and 62's but knowing that Dodge did not follow a steadfast rule for completeing the trucks in sequence as they both were built at the same location. I had guessed around 3329879 but your number has a better "ring" to it. If anyone else can find the original registration number that would be awesome too. I will be using your number when I order the stencil kit. Thanks for the effort to find it for me. Terry
boondocker
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by boondocker »

Hi guys, new to the MV world, I just bought a WC-51 here are the #'s Frame, 81558775, Hood, 2181558, and Body Tag, 4290 - 15517, I havent looked for the engine # yet, when I find it I will post that also. Thanks Dean
divingrocks
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
1943 WC54 Donor

Post by divingrocks »

boondocker wrote:Hi guys, new to the MV world, I just bought a WC-51 here are the #'s Frame, 81558775, Hood, 2181558, and Body Tag, 4290 - 15517, I havent looked for the engine # yet, when I find it I will post that also. Thanks Dean
Looks like your hood and subsequent registration number came from a donor WC52 somewhere in the past 70 years...I estimate is was produced in late July 42.
"Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base... The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood."
boondocker
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Re: WWII Dodge Links and Database ( Sticky )

Post by boondocker »

Thank you very much for the info, next up is a build card. Dean
78maverick
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
My garage: 1941 Dodge WC12

Post by 78maverick »

Hello all,

I recently took possession (no one really "owns" these things) what I'm pretty sure is a WC12 that may be on a command car w/winch frame. Frame number is 867_076 - the fourth digit is obscured by a weld. Door tag is 4162-9376. The numbers on the tailgate are 220_395 - the fourth digit (again!) is obscured by paint but looks like either an 0 or a 6. Surprisingly, it is in blue drab and not white. No engine number as it was filed off during a civilian rebuild.

Thanks in advance,

John

Ps: Looking for a Braden MU winch
divingrocks
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
1943 WC54 Donor

Post by divingrocks »

78maverick wrote:Hello all,

I recently took possession (no one really "owns" these things) what I'm pretty sure is a WC12 that may be on a command car w/winch frame. Frame number is 867_076 - the fourth digit is obscured by a weld. Door tag is 4162-9376. The numbers on the tailgate are 220_395 - the fourth digit (again!) is obscured by paint but looks like either an 0 or a 6. Surprisingly, it is in blue drab and not white. No engine number as it was filed off during a civilian rebuild.

Thanks in advance,

John

Ps: Looking for a Braden MU winch
If you insert a nine into the serial number and drop the zero, replace it with a four on the registration the data aligns with my database info for a WC12 built in mid-July 41
78maverick
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
My garage: 1941 Dodge WC12

Post by 78maverick »

Rocks,

Thanks, but I need to offer a correction. (Should double-check before I post!) The registration number on the tailgate is 22_395 - the illegible digit looks like a 0 or 6 and I am certain it is not a 4. I will try to sand a little more of the newer paint to tell for sure.

Appreciate it,

John
divingrocks
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
1943 WC54 Donor

Post by divingrocks »

78maverick wrote:Rocks,

Thanks, but I need to offer a correction. (Should double-check before I post!) The registration number on the tailgate is 22_395 - the illegible digit looks like a 0 or 6 and I am certain it is not a 4. I will try to sand a little more of the newer paint to tell for sure.

Appreciate it,

John
If you are restoring it as an WC12, then go with the rego that fits...you're lucky that so many stars have aligned with your truck...the opposite is normally true.
juan15
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by juan15 »

Hola,

I'm looking for the owner of the wc-54 chassis 81565335.

It has been found a small historical documentation, 1946.

Regards, Juan.
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Dodge WC51 built 1942. Former 4x4 MV: Dodge WC52, LR 109 ex MOD FFR (fitted for radio) Series IIA and Series III, Series III Stage1 V8 with Ambulance Body (ex. MOD), Series II 88 ex. BGS (German Border Patrol).

Post by 12th Air Force »

One more confirmed production date for the list:

My WC51 - VIN 816 01 621- manufactured 07.12.1942

Keep them rolling,

Joakim
JohnnyTH
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by JohnnyTH »

A friend told me his WC-51 have frame no. 81535047. If you want to add it to the list.
Sadly thats the only information.
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

Hi Johnny & Joakim,

As Divingrocks is no longer with us, he can't update the list himself.

Johnny..I went back and added your friend's WC-51 to the list of Frame #'s with the added info that it's in Scandinavia. That # slots into a build period between 05/06/1942 and 05/27/1942.

Joakim...as your WC-51 was already there, I just added the build date info.

While I was into the list, I also added my WC-52. :)

If anyone else has a Frame # they would like to add to the list, either post the info here or PM me and I'll add it to the Database.

Thanks
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
jsmits75
Private
My garage: Dodge WC51
Willys M201

Post by jsmits75 »

Bought a WC51 today & very happy with it. The previous owner bought it in the mid 80's and has restored it. I also have pics of the restauration in the late 80's. The good news was he uncovered the original hoodnumber. :D See attached picture.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mmr ... ge030b.jpg

Vin: 81587221
Hood: 276011

I will order building card too & post rest later
Alxj64
Sergeant
Sergeant
My garage: 1942 WC53

Post by Alxj64 »

Basket Case WC53 rescued from the woods this weekend. No numbers found except frame serial # 81625760. If I find more info I'll update.
'42 WC53