I like these

All other trucks not mentioned above.
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

I like these

Post by Vista52 »

I was driving in Arizona yesterday, specifically Prescott, Chino Valley and Sedona. I saw this in the little town of Mayer. There were more, including some Dodge and others, but they are hard to photograph as it's all on the hill up above. Here's the gate guardian, an Autocar 7144.

Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
Steve K. CALIF
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: I like these

Post by Steve K. CALIF »

Would make a great "roadster pickup"!
Ernest Aguilar
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by Ernest Aguilar »

I think he has a WC 54 and a number of other vehicles, his name is Rudy Boyden. Spoke to him a few years ago when I was chasing parts for my ambulance. If I remember correctly was nice fellow, hard to get a hold of.
Tried to find the pictures I had, but no luck.
Ernie Aguilar
Las Vegas,NV
WC 27 81510000 11/41
45 MB 2/45
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

makes me want to resurrect the "Tales from America's Highways' thread for this stuff
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

Gordon_M wrote:makes me want to resurrect the "Tales from America's Highways' thread for this stuff
That was a fun topic but that has to be 5 or 6 years ago. :)

I've noticed there seems to be a lot less out there now. Having said that though, I went by this old wrecker yesterday, for the first time in a couple of years. She's still there!!!

A few miles before the CC, I was able to see over a wall and I thought I saw what may of been a 1.5 ton VC truck. I'll have to go back.
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
jim lee
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade
My garage: M37

Post by jim lee »

Looks like its missing its radiator and possibly engine?

-jim lee
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

Hi Jim,

I don't know if it's just me, but I would love to have this. I would just take the top off, leave the paint, put in a generic 230 cu in and what-ever to get it to run good, new NDTs and then I would terrorize everybody in town at full throttle.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

primal4x4
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: VC-1, VC-3

Post by primal4x4 »

Vista, this one was on Criagslist last year. If I recall 1000 or 1500 bucks. Very cool truck.
Ed B
motto
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Harley Davidson 42WLA, Dodge WC63, Dodge WC57, Chevrolet 1-1/2 ton 4x4. Originally an Earth Borer, Pole Setter. Drilling rig gone and truck now mounts a #7 Set Lifting Frame. i.e.: Light Wrecker.

Post by motto »

What a unique vehicle. The cab looks like it came from a tugboat and the truck puts me in mind of the Whacky Racers. I wouldn't change its appearance at all. Magnifique !

David