Burma Jeep?

All other trucks not mentioned above.
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Burma Jeep?

Post by Vista52 »

Typical view of a desert Interstate Highway. Can you see the Burma Jeep in the pile of scrap metal to the left of the crane?

Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Burma Jeep?

Post by Vista52 »

A little more zoom.

Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
gi dad 1
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: WC4, WC8, WC15, WC23, WC63, 42MB(Sat Grill), 42GPW(VEP), Ben Hur Trailer( Hercules), '76 Condor A350 MC.

Post by gi dad 1 »

My friend in Blythe has been eyeballing that truck for years. Every time he stopped no one was around. Of course he already has like 40+ other jeeps and trucks and stuff to work on.
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

Hi,

Your friend in Blythe must be the same guy that Mark (WC 9 & 12) talks about. I know Blythe a little and it isn't that big of a place, but I've never seen a bunch of trucks and Jeeps.

For a couple of years I would stop for coffee at Mesa Drive and talk with a guy who would walk his dog in the middle of the night. He said he had an original WW2 Jeep sitting in his backyard that he was going to leave to his grandson, who apparently didn't much want it. He would say I could come by and see it sometime, but where do you park a 22 wheel truck in a Mobile Home Park??? :)

I see quite a few Ford GTB's around but hardly any still have an original bed.

The winch is in the bed.

wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

Hey Russ glad to see you on this forum. Yes Vista its the same person has a few GTBs
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
gi dad 1
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: WC4, WC8, WC15, WC23, WC63, 42MB(Sat Grill), 42GPW(VEP), Ben Hur Trailer( Hercules), '76 Condor A350 MC.

Post by gi dad 1 »

Our friend in Blythe has I think 4 GTB's in his yard. (Plus all the other stuff.) I'll give him a call and see if he wants to hook up with you on one of your trips thru. He lives just down from the mesa. He had a bunch of stuff stolen last year so doesn't want to put out too much info on the web. And yeah, Mark. I got a new smart phone so I can get hooked on these forums, just like you. Lol. Russ