TCM shorts

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
brianq

TCM shorts

Post by brianq »

I started the posts on the old site about the Technicolor shorts with great color shots of Dodges and other mvs. I think the films are a great resource for those of us restoring WW2 vehicles. There are very few color pictures out there for reference. I am attaching the link to TCM's website where I found the names of the shorts I mentioned. I wish I knew about them earlier, but now I know what I'm looking for, and hopefully the person submitting the short schedule continues to do so. For those interested, the names are "Service with the colors" 1940 About infantry soldiers stationed at The Presidio in San Francisco. Only one Dodge VC open-cab pickup shown, but in gorgeous Technicolor. The other is "Soldiers in white" 1942 About the Army Medical Corps. Filmed at Ft. Sam Houston. Lots of VCs, WCs, Jeeps etc. All in http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.j ... art=0color.
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Speaking of TCM, they just showed "The Cantaberry Ghost" again, with Robert Young (Father Knows Best & Marcus Welby). A whole bunch of Dodge VC's in it, but a Jeep was used to save the day. I will admit, that little bugger was bounced around quite a bit.

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

That's CANTERBURY bloody hell I'll have to teach you lot English like it is spoke proper!! :roll:
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

Ha HA Ha! who spotted my deliberate mistake? Its the CANTERVILLE ghost really, fooled you all! (YEAH :oops: RIGHT)
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

I stand conered, er, I mean corrected. :lol: It was still a great movie. Ya know, I was a bit hesitant clicking on this thread, what with all the spam that's been hitting here. :lol:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"