42 Ford

All other trucks not mentioned above.
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

42 Ford

Post by Vista52 »

The house was for sale and so was this 42 GPW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: 42 Ford

Post by Vista52 »

I don't know the in's and out's of Jeeps but this one had a glove box but the Id plates that were there are gone.

The Ford GPW was my first MV. I bought a 1944 Ex-British Army Jeep in 1970 when I lived in the UK. I thought all American Jeeps were Willys, so I was always a bit confused when the ID plate said Ford. :?

I have a photo of it laying around here somewhere.:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
Dozerman51
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by Dozerman51 »

Looks like a good restorable unit. How bad was the rust. From the pic's it looks like not much rust is present. It's been said that some folks felt the GPW was "Better" built than it's MB cousin. Maybe or maybe not. One sure fact is that GPW engine blocks had more of a tendency to crack than did MB blocks. The Willys foundry was superior to the Ford Foundry in that respect. Nonetheless, both helped the Allies win the war. The Axis powers had nothing like the Jeep other than the "Kubelwagon"(Spelling probably wrong) which was still not in the same class as the Jeep.
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

Hi '51...'52 here. :)

The photo's were just to give the jeep guys visions of suger plums. There was some rust, mostly on the front floor but not bad. Here is another photo. You can be the judge if it might be a good deal or a little expensive. :wink:

$8000.00 OBO....It was up near Turlock Ca if I remember correctly.