Bantam back panel

All other trucks not mentioned above.
gungho-gungho
Private

Bantam back panel

Post by gungho-gungho »

Hi out there I 'm new to the sight and I have what I think is an interesting question. I am trying to find out the worth of an origional (new old stock) Bantam back panel for the top. It has sprayed on it. U.S. ORD, F.S.N. 24-C-3411 American Bantam Car Co. It even has the inspector initials A.F. and "ok " marked in the corner. I have pic's but will have to have my wifes help posting them.I'm doing this for a good friend who dose'nt want to part with it.But dose want to know its worth. Any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Curt
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: Bantam back panel

Post by RANGER »

Apparantly you are talking 70 year old Canvas?
If so it is likely a curio, and not useable due to age.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
gungho-gungho
Private

Re: Bantam back panel

Post by gungho-gungho »

True, it belongs in a museum not on a vehicle for daily use but that isn't the question.My friend has been a military collector for over thirty years. He has a beautifully restored 42 Ford script in the LST 393 museum in Muskegon Mi. He's had it for almost thirty years and wants to find out its value before desiding what to do with it.